44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Lester!!!

Boston just announced Lester scratched from tonight's start!!! Trade imminent.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

His locker was cleaned out last night as well. Gone.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    His locker was cleaned out last night as well. Gone.
    any idea where???

Bostongambler

Pirates & Dodgers have been mentioned. I would rather see him go to Pitts for minor league prospects then maybe the Sox can resign him in offseason.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

What a screw job! I think Eades wrote earlier that if we offered Homer Bailey money like 5 years for 110 mill at the beginning of the season, he would have likely accepted.

Dodgers have more to offer than Pitt don't they? This is almost like trading Tom Brady just to save the owners pride. If I was Lester I'd say screw Boston and never come back.

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

I hope the Dodgers will get him that would be kind of funny and trade him for Beckett plus other players, haha.

Bostongambler

Yes except no way in hell would the Sox take Beckett back.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes except no way in hell would the Sox take Beckett back.
    This morning they mentioned Baltimore & Tampa Bay. NO way would I trade him in my own division. The Pirates or Milwaukee would a good fit for either team and would unclog the bottleneck in that division. I don't really think the LAD need him as much. Someone else mentioned Seattle, they need offense!

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    This morning they mentioned Baltimore & Tampa Bay. NO way would I trade him in my own division. The Pirates or Milwaukee would a good fit for either team and would unclog the bottleneck in that division. I don't really think the LAD need him as much. Someone else mentioned Seattle, they need offense!
    I wouldn't be to concerned about him ending up in a team in own division unless of course that team would get the lead in signing him for next year.

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Would be a great trio in Lohse, Garza and Lester.

BeanTownClown88

I wouldn't be to concerned about him ending up in a team in own division unless of course that team would get the lead in signing him for next year.

Hypothetically speaking, if Lester went to NYY...you think he wouldn't sign there if they offered 5 years at 180 Million?
    I think Cashman said something about valuing Lester up there. No one would walk away from that money.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if Lester went to NYY...you think he wouldn't sign there if they offered 5 years at 180 Million?
    I think Cashman said something about valuing Lester up there. No one would walk away from that money.
    Oh come on fellow Bostonian, you think anybody is going to offer him 180 mil??? That's 36 per year, that's more than Kershaw is getting. He's good, but he isn't THAT good.

BeanTownClown88

So NYY hasn't grossly overpaid for players before? Look at Ellsbury!

lester is a lefty with a playoff Whip just over 1 and a World Series Whip at .7 ..There isn't a single pitcher in the league that can say that, he can pretty much demand his own price. Not only does he hardly allow runs in the big game..he doesn't allow anyone to even get on base.

Kershaw got smacked around by STl last year didn't he? Lester shut them down. Also read the Athletics may be in the mix, that'd be instant world series for them.

Bostongambler

My point was it doesn't matter if he is traded in division this year. This is a lost year.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

So NYY hasn't grossly overpaid for players before? Look at Ellsbury!

lester is a lefty with a playoff Whip just over 1 and a World Series Whip at .7 ..There isn't a single pitcher in the league that can say that, he can pretty much demand his own price. Not only does he hardly allow runs in the big game..he doesn't allow anyone to even get on base.

Kershaw got smacked around by STl last year didn't he? Lester shut them down. Also read the Athletics may be in the mix, that'd be instant world series for them.
    Kershaw got smacked around the second showing true. So did Wacha. I bet against both of them in the second starts. That happens a lot when you play the same team for 6-7 games. I am just saying, I know Jon is an excellant pitcher and who wouldn't want him (Red Sox) but I just can't see that kinf of doe. I also thing my boy MAX S. was stupid not to take 141 mil for 6 years with Detroit. Talk about greedy ballplayers. YIKES.

BeanTownClown88

Man Scherzer is so damn greedy. Actually Scherzer and Lester both have better playoff numbers than Kershaw.
    I just think speaking in terms of playoff teams who consistently make the playoffs but lately haven't been able to make it to the WS, this is the time to pay big and get lester on board since his performance indicates that he will take a team to the next level.

Kershaw is definitely a sexy name but I'd take the pedigree of Lester any day. The dude's got ice cold blood running through his veins, I'll be a fan no matter where he ends up.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Man Scherzer is so damn greedy. Actually Scherzer and Lester both have better playoff numbers than Kershaw.
    I just think speaking in terms of playoff teams who consistently make the playoffs but lately haven't been able to make it to the WS, this is the time to pay big and get lester on board since his performance indicates that he will take a team to the next level.

Kershaw is definitely a sexy name but I'd take the pedigree of Lester any day. The dude's got ice cold blood running through his veins, I'll be a fan no matter where he ends up.
    Agreed. Nice to see an all Boston thread. LOL. BOL today in your wagers. I hope Lester is happy where ever he goes.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

you guys are ignoring one key fact. POUND THE SHIT OUT OF TORONTO OEN MORE TIME!, I shoulda locked in at +135+++, I'll take +108 happily

BeanTownClown88

Lots of Boston guys on here, always good to see!! Best of luck with yours as well
    It sucks our owners can be morons! They pay Cherington a bunch of money and then seemingly override his decisions and get involved with the big calls.

Why not just get rid of Ben and pay his money to Lester?

BeanTownClown88

Quote Originally Posted by remeedella View Post
    you guys are ignoring one key fact. POUND THE SHIT OUT OF TORONTO OEN MORE TIME!, I shoulda locked in at +135+++, I'll take +108 happily
    5 Dimes didn't have it up at +140 when lester got shut down today =/ I'll see if it's back and will definitely take Buherle at + money...Plus I screwed his cousin in college

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Lots of Boston guys on here, always good to see!! Best of luck with yours as well
    It sucks our owners can be morons! They pay Cherington a bunch of money and then seemingly override his decisions and get involved with the big calls.

Why not just get rid of Ben and pay his money to Lester?
    Remember their history: they sold Babe Ruth, let carlton Fisk walk because they forgot to mail his contract and said Clemens was in the "twilight" of his career, they he goes out and winds 4+ more Cy Young awards. Sparky Lyle etc the list is endless. LOL.