bondi_slacker
    bondi_slacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

need help, 1h nyy-bal

Hello, I have a question and need help finding the answer. Last night I bet Bal 1h. The game went on full 4 1/2 innings before being called. My bookie decided to cancel/no action the bet because according to him, for the 1st 5 innings bet, the 5 innings should be completed.

does he have a point or should I try to get paid?

for me, I had already won the bet even before the rain, because nyy had no chance left of changing the outcome.

thanks a lot
    Attached Images  

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Get paid you won that bet. Game was official as home team was ahead in 5th inning
    Points Awarded:

bondi_slacker gave ZIPPER HEAD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bondi_slacker

I agree with you. He is denying the payout. Thanks for your answer.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Here's what I think happens. The 1st half lines are calculated based on full 5 innings, as the game usually doesn't end at that point if the home team is ahead. So it would be unfair to over bettors to grade their bet as a loss, because they placed a bet on the full 5 innings. This is why 1st half bets have to go full 5 innings and are treated differently than full game bets where the possibility of only 8 1/2 innings is already factored in the price. Now the book projected this rule on ML wagers too which is wrong, as for the money line, it makes no difference if 4 1/2 or 5 innings are played, as long as every team had equal chances to score. After 4 1/2 innings with the home team ahead, the ML wagers have already been decided so it wouldn't have mattered if they played full 5 innings.

What book did you place the wager at? What does his rule book say on 5 innings wagers?

If the rules strictly say 5 innings with no exception, you are screwed. It kinds of violates the spirit of the rule if your wager is void because of that, but still, rules are rules. I once had a funny experience with some asian bookmaker that refused to void my over wager on totals on a game that was called early. They also offered minor league ball where double headers are only 7 innings each so I pounded the under every time and won.
    Last edited by asdf21; 07-14-14 at 01:44 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Here is the rule from Heritage

First 5 Innings:
      • Once 5 full innings have been completed, all wagers on the first half (5 innings) will stand.
      • A game does not have to go 9 complete innings, nor does a game need to be completed for the bet to be graded as the bet only covers the first five innings. Whatever occurs after five innings have been played is not relevant to the bet.
      • If a game does not go five full innings, all first-half wagers will be canceled. If the game should be deemed officially over after only 4½ innings, all first half wagers will still be considered no action.
      • No parlays between sides and totals in the first five innings are allowed.
      • All first-half wagers must list both pitchers. If either listed pitcher does not start, all wagers on the first half will be canceled.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Omg wtf is wrong with everybody, have younever been in this situation before? Listen, every body lost, stop crying about it. It's not about oh baltimore was gonnawin anyways, or oh they already won. End of bottom of 5th equals end of bottom of 5th. End of 8.5 innings means the middle of the 8th inning must have gone through. These whiners are starting to piss me off

bondi_slacker

Quote Originally Posted by asdf21 View Post
    Here's what I think happens. The 1st half lines are calculated based on full 5 innings, as the game usually doesn't end at that point if the home team is ahead. So it would be unfair to over bettors to grade their bet as a loss, because they placed a bet on the full 5 innings. This is why 1st half bets have to go full 5 innings and are treated differently than full game bets where the possibility of only 8 1/2 innings is already factored in the price. Now the book projected this rule on ML wagers too which is wrong, as for the money line, it makes no difference if 4 1/2 or 5 innings are played, as long as every team had equal chances to score. After 4 1/2 innings with the home team ahead, the ML wagers have already been decided so it wouldn't have mattered if they played full 5 innings.

What book did you place the wager at? What does his rule book say on 5 innings wagers?

If the rules strictly say 5 innings with no exception, you are screwed. It kinds of violates the spirit of the rule if your wager is void because of that, but still, rules are rules. I once had a funny experience with some asian bookmaker that refused to void my over wager on totals on a game that was called early. They also offered minor league ball where double headers are only 7 innings each so I pounded the under every time and won.
    I agree with you 100%. He does not have a book of rules, he said what is "generally accepted in the world of gambling"

He is local and he uses pph services.

thanks for your answer

bondi_slacker

Quote Originally Posted by remeedella View Post
    Omg wtf is wrong with everybody, have younever been in this situation before? Listen, every body lost, stop crying about it. It's not about oh baltimore was gonnawin anyways, or oh they already won. End of bottom of 5th equals end of bottom of 5th. End of 8.5 innings means the middle of the 8th inning must have gone through. These whiners are starting to piss me off
    thank you genius!