PublicEnemy
    PublicEnemy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't get why EVERYONE wants to be a "capper"

Title says it all, can someone explain to me why this is?

I look around the forum and the shit I see is funny to me. Most of the shit I read is so far off, and thats why there is soo many losers in Sports Betting. No wonder the books make so much freakin money.

Why isn't following an established winner's plays and winning good enough?? Not saying me, just in general.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Well, for one, our pride tells us that we need to win on our own...makes us feel pumped up if we make a play and win without help.
    And I have had a history of tailing the wrong plays.
    Even when for a few months I had premium service plays, I played 12 in a row and lost 10 of them when if I had picked myself, probably would have won at least half of those.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Well, for one, our pride tells us that we need to win on our own...makes us feel pumped up if we make a play and win without help.
    And I have had a history of tailing the wrong plays.
    Even when for a few months I had premium service plays, I played 12 in a row and lost 10 of them when if I had picked myself, probably would have won at least half of those.
    I get that, but thats half your problem (not you, just in general) ...you guys are losing whats really important...I could care less about pride, when it comes to making money. Its an investment, its not a game of I WIN

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

Good post! Come join me for a great season on my gold gem plays. This season they are 37 Wins 13 Losses
    I have Rockies for Tues. as always tail at your own risk.

RollinDo

I for one am confident I can win if I limit my plays. It's the losing streaks that come that make you want to run away...and then suddenly you hut almost everything for a stretch.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

What is the play today public

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

They probably want to show off.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPER HEAD View Post
    What is the play today public
    On my lunch break brotha, I will post a new thread with the plays after work...I hope I make it back home today for the first games.

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

He waits usually about fifteen minutes before game time.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    I get that, but thats half your problem (not you, just in general) ...you guys are losing whats really important...I could care less about pride, when it comes to making money. Its an investment, its not a game of I WIN
    You're right man. In a perfect scenario, I would like to make 70% of my own picks and follow someone else 30%. I don't like following someone who posts 3+ plays because I have a hard time sensing which are the best ones.
    For you, I do not have time to digest the plays and don't know if you're gonna make 2 plays or 5.
    I would most certainly play yours if you post them all before the 1st game (if all played at night) since I don't always get to check your plays through the night.

RollinDo

Overall yes. #1 goal is to win.
    But I can't bring myself to strictly tail others...takes the fun out of research and other combo plays that are exciting to possibly win.

PublicEnemy

I only made this topic thread to be informative for others...I see new "cappers" popping up left and right on a day to day bases and I really feel bad for people actually trying to make money. If you are gambling for fun/hobby ok cool then this doesnt apply to those people. But if you are here to make money, fck fun....then this is for those types of people.

Djg401
    Djg401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

FYI You're the WORSE

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by Djg401 View Post
    FYI You're the WORSE
    Far from it dude.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by Djg401 View Post
    FYI You're the WORSE
    Thats cool, never said I was anything. You r just a hating btch that probably followed one of my plays that lost.

RollinDo

I think popular answer is that we want to be good at it...and further for people to follow us because we're good...not everyone, but most.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Title says it all, can someone explain to me why this is?

I look around the forum and the shit I see is funny to me. Most of the shit I read is so far off, and thats why there is soo many losers in Sports Betting. No wonder the books make so much freakin money.

Why isn't following an established winner's plays and winning good enough?? Not saying me, just in general.

PublicEnemy

I think popular answer is that we want to be good at it...and further for people to follow us because we're good...not everyone, but most.
    Ya, that was my first thought, but my mind set is different. I would rather follow a play and win rather then be the "capper"...To be honest, I feel really horrible when I post a play and people tell me they follow and then it loses. I FCKIN HATE THAT FEELING. Its not as glamorous as people think, at least not to me.

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Ya, that was my first thought, but my mind set is different. I would rather follow a play and win rather then be the "capper"...To be honest, I feel really horrible when I post a play and people tell me they follow and then it loses. I FCKIN HATE THAT FEELING. Its not as glamorous as people think, at least not to me.
    Stop posting then or is it why you post youre games 10 minutes before it starts

RollinDo

Got'cha. Believe it or not there was a time...long, long ago (April 2014) when people were asking me about my next Under play and saying they were tailing my plays (started 20-9). When they started tailing and I went out of my way to give out plays, I began losing and then had the worst month since LAST May.
    Even worse than losing $$ was that people tailed me and felt responsible that they lost $$.
    I wanted to help people win $$ and then I become one of those desperate bettors looking to tail. I hate that feeling too!

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by DigBick86 View Post
    Stop posting then or is it why you post youre games 10 minutes before it starts
    I post to have my plays documented. If you catch them and I help you win, cool. If not, thats fine too. I don't think I ever said I was a capper. And if I did, I misspoke. I like to think of myself as an Investor. Sports Investor.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

public i see your point but truth be told with all the information available to the public via the internet its easier for someone to say i wanna be a pro capper now days than it was 10/20 years ago. Alotta the information that we have at our fingertips LITERALLY cause we all have cell phones used to move lines in the old days. What separates me from joe blow is ive been doing this for years and have models, feel, skill, and watch a lot of film. Over the years i've made my far share of mistakes and have been studying this market long enough to know whats a good bet a bad bet and a sucker bet(yes people there a difference between a bad bet and a sucker bet). Now what seperates me from the big shots in vegas or syndicates scattered across the states is INFORMATION thats the key INFORMATION i will never have the information that a billy walters has because he has people on his fukking payroll who specialize in certain things i mean he pays people who have eyes and ears everywhere who also have people who have eyes and ears everywhere plus a he has a team of fukking geeks that could probably calculate the o/u number of chews we use to eat a burger if we had dinner with them. This season i decided to bite the bullet and pay for some of that information and its been extremely helpful. This industry is about being on the right side and unless your on 1 of these syndicates payroll you better be super sharp/lucky or pay for the INFORMATION. Didnt expect to type this much but i hope it answers your question.

RollinDo

I post to have my plays documented. If you catch them and I help you win, cool. If not, thats fine too. I don't think I ever said I was a capper. And if I did, I misspoke. I like to think of myself as an Investor. Sports Investor.
    I will say this after following you the last month and a half. ..you know how to make a profit even though it seems you only get half your plays right. You win the big bets and that's what counts.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    public i see your point but truth be told with all the information available to the public via the internet its easier for someone to say i wanna be a pro capper now days than it was 10/20 years ago. Alotta the information that we have at our fingertips LITERALLY cause we all have cell phones used to move lines in the old days. What separates me from joe blow is ive been doing this for years and have models, feel, skill, and watch a lot of film. Over the years i've made my far share of mistakes and have been studying this market long enough to know whats a good bet a bad bet and a sucker bet(yes people there a difference between a bad bet and a sucker bet). Now what seperates me from the big shots in vegas or syndicates scattered across the states is INFORMATION thats the key INFORMATION i will never have the information that a billy walters has because he has people on his fukking payroll who specialize in certain things i mean he pays people who have eyes and ears everywhere who also have people who have eyes and ears everywhere plus a he has a team of fukking geeks that could probably calculate the o/u number of chews we use to eat a burger if we had dinner with them. This season i decided to bite the bullet and pay for some of that information and its been extremely helpful. This industry is about being on the right side and unless your on 1 of these syndicates payroll you better be super sharp/lucky or pay for the INFORMATION. Didnt expect to type this much but i hope it answers your question.
    I agree... this is the type of information I wanted to share with people. Thanks

PublicEnemy

I will say this after following you the last month and a half. ..you know how to make a profit even though it seems you only get half your plays right. You win the big bets and that's what counts.
    You HAVE to lose some....If you read this sentence, go back and re read it. You HAVE to lose some.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Got'cha. Believe it or not there was a time...long, long ago (April 2014) when people were asking me about my next Under play and saying they were tailing my plays (started 20-9). When they started tailing and I went out of my way to give out plays, I began losing and then had the worst month since LAST May.
    Even worse than losing $$ was that people tailed me and felt responsible that they lost $$.
    I wanted to help people win $$ and then I become one of those desperate bettors looking to tail. I hate that feeling too!
    You started 20-9 thats great but whats your average. I know i'm a 60-65% winner mlb/nba nfl im not that heavy in so if i have a bad week or stretch i know eventually my average will take over and i'll come up on top which is why i keep stressing that in my phantom thread that eventually im gonna win damn near every night period. But i've been doing this for 4 years so i have a feel for what i can and will do and whats me just running good and whats me just running bad. My question to you is was april a fluke and may the real you or vice versa?

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    You started 20-9 thats great but whats your average. I know i'm a 60-65% winner mlb/nba nfl im not that heavy in so if i have a bad week or stretch i know eventually my average will take over and i'll come up on top which is why i keep stressing that in my phantom thread that eventually im gonna win damn near every night period. But i've been doing this for 4 years so i have a feel for what i can and will do and whats me just running good and whats me just running bad. My question to you is was april a fluke and may the real you or vice versa?
    Dunno. I've only been doing this for a little more than a year. But I'm in it hopefully to be successful long term and am a persistent bugger. I'd like to think that May was a fluke losing month. I have lost 25% of my BR overall and have reloaded just once. I have a belief that you can't just be good from the get go...takes patience and knowing when to make that big play and managing money...limiting plays and having a plan...lots to learn.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Dunno. I've only been doing this for a little more than a year. But I'm in it hopefully to be successful long term and am a persistent bugger. I'd like to think that May was a fluke losing month. I have lost 25% of my BR overall and have reloaded just once. I have a belief that you can't just be good from the get go...takes patience and knowing when to make that big play and managing money...limiting plays and having a plan...lots to learn.
    Yea it takes a couple of years because once you get the capping part down you gotta know how to read the market and make good bets and thats what takes experience. The hardest part for me was learning how to turn my picks into winning bets that may sound simple but its not. I came out the gates a 50-55% winner but was losing cause i didnt know how to bet and manage my bankroll. Now its like coloring in a children's book because i've laid down my betting system for each sport and i just fill in the blanks. Kinda like the hoodie once you have a set system you can plug randoms into your offense and defense and win 12 games a year lol.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

PublicEnemy, I feel that the way you talk and posting plays(only minutes before games), you are a tout.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    PublicEnemy, I feel that the way you talk and posting plays(only minutes before games), you are a tout.
    I've helped many many people here as I still continue to do so. I send a few people from here text messages and a lot of others PMs...ALL FOR FREE. I'm not too sure what the correct definition of a 'Tout' is but I assume its someone who throws big announcements for their plays, hits a few and then asks for money to continue. You can correct me if I'm wrong...But I have neither implied this nor have I done it. So your assumptions are wrong and AGAIN for the 2nd time, that is how I post my plays, if you do not like it. Mind your own...

Adding: Also, I do not need to ask for money for my services or what have you. I do well making money on betting plays. Anyone asking for money for services/plays doesn't make enough on his own.
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 06-03-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Adding more.

PublicEnemy

I am here at this forum to Document my plays and also contribute in a PLUS/Positive helping way...I think I've accomplished both and will continue to do so.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

I've helped many many people here as I still continue to do so. I send a few people from here text messages and a lot of others PMs...ALL FOR FREE. I'm not too sure what the correct definition of a 'Tout' is but I assume its someone who throws big announcements for their plays, hits a few and then asks for money to continue. You can correct me if I'm wrong...But I have neither implied this nor have I done it. So your assumptions are wrong and AGAIN for the 2nd time, that is how I post my plays, if you do not like it. Mind your own...
    I am here at this forum to Document my plays and also contribute in a PLUS/Positive helping way...I think I've accomplished both and will continue to do so.
    That's good if it's not the case, because people here hate touts...

Anyway, SBR can ban(if you care) you for exchanging personal info with other posters.

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    That's good if it's not the case, because people here hate touts...

Anyway, SBR can ban(if you care) you for exchanging personal info with other posters.
    Ok, let them ban me... People also hate dick heads like yourself in real life.

echun32
    echun32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Haven't tailed any of your plays this season...whats your record thus far?

Also..everyone wants to be a capper because of that damn TV show lol

PublicEnemy

Quote Originally Posted by echun32 View Post
    Haven't tailed any of your plays this season...whats your record thus far?

Also..everyone wants to be a capper because of that damn TV show lol
    What tv show?? lol

12 Last