EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Astros Daily Pick (2-3 [-1.70])

SAT. RESULT: (W) +2.00

Finally back in the win column as the Astros get their first win on Saturday, a 5-1 gem spun by Roy Oswalt!

SUN, APRIL 8th (2:05 ET)
    Kip Wells vs. Jason Jennings
    Both pitchers come into this one with solid starts under their belts in their season openers. Wells was hurt by shotty D in his first start as he gave up 4 runs, only 2 earned in 6 innings in a 4-1 loss to the Mets. Jennings was solid in his 1st start with 7 innings of one run ball in a 3-2 loss to PIT.

Wells has not pitched well in his career vs. HOU, going 3-6 with a 5.03 ERA although his numbers are slightly better at Minute Maid Park. Jennings is 3-3 with a 3.52 ERA in his career vs. STL. I feel like the difference today is going to be walks. Both Wells and Jennings have trouble from time to time with walks. Walks would be a welcome addition to both offenses which have struggled mightily although none worse than STL and their ML low 7 runs in 5 games with 4 of those coming in the 1st game against HOU. Meanwhile, Lee & Berkman went deep for HOU on Saturday giving some hope that the thunder is waking up.

Options: HOU (-118) HOU RL (+170), STL (+108), STL RL (-200), Over9 (Even), Under9 (-120)

Pick: Astros -118

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the under in this game better than I am the side once again Mr.Eaglesphan.