RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Rich or Poor???

Been reading a LOT on this forum and another the last week...trying to get more insight into stats and players and betting strategies, etc...
    What I'm seeing (from consensus picks and posters who track their record/bankroll) is the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer.
    The cappers who have been on a tear just don't lose (except the plays I tail...ha ha, and others keep having losing night after losing night.
    Seems that the more you study is kind of a waste of time...just go with your gut, pick certain pitchers and teams to back in certain spots.
    So glad June will be here soon.

RollinDo

Oh... and thanks Wainwright, Koehler, Cueto, Dickey, Scherzer, and a few others I've backed in their last 2 starts who gave up 7+ runs...Aces shmaces!

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Jays boned me hard the other day. It's hard to get an edge in baseball, really. It is so random. Football picking is where I excel.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

In baseball you can't think of one spot game at a time. You got to follow a team for a chunk of games. Teams go on roll and teams suck for a while. You gotta at least try to hop on board a trend of a team. Find a way to do it and don't be greedy.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
    In baseball you can't think of one spot game at a time. You got to follow a team for a chunk of games. Teams go on roll and teams suck for a while. You gotta at least try to hop on board a trend of a team. Find a way to do it and don't be greedy.
    Good insight...thanks! Still trying to figure out mlb in my 2nd season.

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by JM17 View Post
    Jays boned me hard the other day. It's hard to get an edge in baseball, really. It is so random. Football picking is where I excel.
    Yeah, I thought about you last night with that bad beat that we both suffered...you harder.
    I think it's better to bet 2-3 plays or bet 7-10...In between is where you can get bad breaks...I had 3 yesterday out of my 5 plays.

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Rollin,

Seems like you're a smart dude with some bad luck lately. Gambling in MLB is all about riding the hot streak and managing the bad ones. I tend to bet teams on 3+ wins in a row and teams that are due (which I thought the Cards were today). It took me 3 years of being in the red before this year I finally figured out bankroll/management and the most important thing is DO NOT TILT BET AND CHASE...that's where the books make their money.

I can't tell you how many weeks i went all in on a Sunday night football play to chase my loses and ended up losing 3-4 grand that week. Don't be too emotional...think of the bets as investments. Don't let a win or lose get you too high or too low. I suggest tailing me on all my plays right now. I'm on one of my streaks. A couple weeks ago i went 30-0 at one point. Granted i've had my share of 0-10 weeks. The most important thing is too find your unit play ( my unit is around $200-250) so if you see me playing 10+ units ...know that I got 2,500-4,000 grand on a play. For example...when I played the over in the heat game for 15 units i had $3750 on that play alone. Not here too toot my own horn...just here to share my story with you. If you feel like your getting crushed right now lower your unit plays and find your groove.

best of luck bud.

RollinDo

I GREATLY APPRECIATE your support and guidance man!!!
    Good to find out others who are great cappers struggled at the beginning like myself.
    Hard to find a ton of time with 2 little ones after work to do research and such.
    I will get there...yesterday bad luck - today just didn't get my big play of Cards right and felt the Under was good too.
    The Cards were due...still hoping they come through tomorrow, but if not, will not be chasing them Sunday vs Hudson.
    Tomorrow is a key game for Cards I believe to prove they can beat one of thus year's elite teams in NL...I think they're WS material.
    Oh, and I didn't see your 15 unit play...dang!!

RollinDo

At least I have a futures bet with Tigers (+925 to win WS) and Spurs (+950 to win nba) to have hope in.

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I'm gonna pound cards 2morrow...probably 6-8 units.

RollinDo

Cool.
    I won ' pound em, but will be one of my 3 plays for sure.
    I've lost the 1st 2 games with them...they and Angels are best at winning after a loss, which is why they are due tomorrow. Bigger game for Cards than Giants.

RollinDo

Looking at Reds ML (Cueto) and Yankees -1.5
    Thoughts?
    Angels might be a small play too.

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Sounds like you guys are chasing. The play should be the Giants. You know, riding the hot trends. Think of the value of the odds. Think of blocks of games; maybe ride the Giants until June 13 when they play the Rockies. If they lose 3 times, bail and go somewhere else. You know, something like that.
    Last edited by keel44; 05-31-14 at 12:59 AM. Reason: grammar