Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Colorado line moved 20 points

I'm fading this line movement. Doesn't matter how you slice it, the only edge Padres have over Colorado is their bullpen that is gonna be much needed with Stults on the mound who should even be in the majors.

Not like De La Rosa is an elite pitcher but he will get it done. Rockies will also be happy to be back home.

I hate laying -140 so I'm not sure if I'll take the -1.5 or even -1

also taking a shot with toronto at +152 and the rrl at +236

Bullywully
    Bullywully's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado should win this, that is if their offensive power is back online

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

I might slam the over TT at 5 -110 - opposing pitcher has a 5+ ERA and we all know what Colorado can do at home.

Bullywully

do you fance the win too, flabrah?

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by Bullywully View Post
    do you fance the win too, flabrah?
    I like them to win as well, but -140 is too much for me to make a big play. If they win, they will be scoring more than 5, so Id like to take my chances they come back home and we see some bats/runs again.

That high altitude is great

Pauulzcappin

-1 at -104 for 4 units

Blue Jays +152 1u and RRL for half unit

keep in mind i'm a loser gambler so far this mlb season... good luck everyone

Bullywully

Quote Originally Posted by flabrah5 View Post
    I like them to win as well, but -140 is too much for me to make a big play. If they win, they will be scoring more than 5, so Id like to take my chances they come back home and we see some bats/runs again.

That high altitude is great
    so the high altitude is the reason why they score so big? Why arent the away teams making advantage of this too? They need to adapt more or?

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    -1 at -104 for 4 units

Blue Jays +152 1u and RRL for half unit

good luck everyone
    Damn laying the 4 units because you like it that much, or trying to chase our losses from the Cubs choke fest?

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by Bullywully View Post
    so the high altitude is the reason why they score so big? Why arent the away teams making advantage of this too? They need to adapt more or?
    Away teams will score more in that park as well due to it bc the ball carries further, but the Rockies are at home and seem to always take advantage of it quicker than other teams.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by flabrah5 View Post
    Damn laying the 4 units because you like it that much, or trying to chase our losses from the Cubs choke fest?
    I'm in no hurry here. It's only May and baseball season is far away from over. Colorado is happy to be back home with a better pitcher on the mound and way better hitters at the box.

If I win today I'll have possibly a 4-5 unit play on an underdog tomorrow I'm very confident with. Let's see how tonight goes first.

Out for tonight, good luck everyone.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

The reason they score more, mash, especially in the first 2 games of the series is because of the pitch movement and human muscle memory based on the movement caused by the altitude. You would be a wise man to pound the rockies and/or rockies team total of a game 1 or 2 when it is a lefty facing them. This scenario tonight is a perfect one to bet 10 units on the over 4.5 tt and to hammer the RL for +135.

IT doesn't get much better than this. Here is some science to help you understand/

This is the sharp s h it you dart throwers dont dig for. I was a minor league pitcher. I can tell you for a fact that betting the rockies and/or team total of a game 1 and 2 homestand against a finesse lefty is as close to an all in play as you can have.

http://www.baseballvmi.com/baseball-altitude

The muscle memory for opposing hitters based on a 90mph four seamer is huge at colorado which is almost a mile above sea level. The Rockies hitters are already adjusted to this movement. It takes opposing teams a couple games to adjust to this.
    Last edited by jbart28; 05-16-14 at 05:44 PM.

keyknee
    keyknee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

very interesting jbart. good stuff and thx for posting that

flabrah5

Great stuff man

To add to it - Check out the last three La Rosa has played

Won 9-2 @ Texas
    Won 10-3 @ home against the Mets
    Won 6-1 @ San Fran

He gets the run support alright, as well as shuts down the opposing teams.

Im all in here - GL everybody - havnt made a play like this in a long time.

Rockies full game - 368 to win 250
    Rockies FF - 368 to win 250
    Rockies TT over 5 - 275 to win 250

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

SO when you are watching the games and look up at the rockies game and it takes what seems to be hours to get through the 4, 5, 6th innings it is because of the rockies mashing the starting pitcher 2nd time through the lineup. Take for example last week when the rangers were in town, they smashed the rangers and the middle innings were a blood bath. Just remember me when you are looking up at the scoreboard and you see the middle innings at colorado take 2 hours lol

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

like your style op. also on the COL RL and TOR ML.

flabrah5

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    SO when you are watching the games and look up at the rockies game and it takes what seems to be hours to get through the 4, 5, 6th innings it is because of the rockies mashing the starting pitcher 2nd time through the lineup. Take for example last week when the rangers were in town, they smashed the rangers and the middle innings were a blood bath. Just remember me when you are looking up at the scoreboard and you see the middle innings at colorado take 2 hours lol
    haha

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

I'm with you here, the Rocks are 11-1 vs. the Pads with La Rosa overall, 7-0 at home...But all trends catch up eventually. Hopefully, not tonite!

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Stults has been hit out of the park at least once in all but one game he's pitched in this season (to be fair De La Rosa isn't much better but he has to pitch here). Now he's at Coors, could end badly.

SD can't get anything going on the base paths at the best of times but one thing I'll give them is they can hit a long ball... well sort of it's their only batting stat they aren't last in I think.

nickcruz60
    nickcruz60's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4380

I'm the train 1unit. Let's do this.

flabrah5

Give me a damn run in 5 innings PLEASE!

flabrah5

Whew - hit the 1st 5 - lets hold for the game.

Wish they could convert more runs from the 6 hits. Not likely going into the top of the 9th, but one can dream, right?

lore22
    lore22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Thanks for tip....took the Rockies -1.5.

Pauulzcappin

bang. also took col ff but for some reason wasn't able to post from my phone

Bullywully

that was a very close call. barely scratched out some runs there Colorado, not what i expected. But as most here are glad they made it... we're not complaining in the end