SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scott Spreitzer: Jays' bats make them the play

Jays' bats make them the play

Game Time: 4/4/2007 1:00:00 PM -
    By: Scott Spreitzer
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

The middle of Toronto's batting order should feast on Tigers starter Nate Robertson this afternoon. Play the Blue Jays at Detroit.

I'm playing the Blue Jays on Wednesday afternoon (1:05 p.m. ET).

Nate Robertson is a notoriously bad daytime starter, especially at home. The Tigers lefty has been smacked for a hefty 6.22 ERA in his last 16 home-day starts. The Tigers are just 6-10 in those outings. Making matters worse, Robertson has to face one of the best 2-5 batting orders in the majors. Lyle Overbay, Vernon Wells, Frank Thomas and Troy Glaus ought to have a field day as they attempt to make it two straight out of the blocks for the Jays.

Toronto will send A.J. Burnett to the hill. He's the antithesis of Robertson owning a very hot 3.07 ERA in day starts away from home over his last 13 outings. He's also a quick starter with top-notch April numbers over the last three seasons. Detroit will be a player in the AL Central, but I believe they'll start the season 0-2. Toronto gets the nod on Wednesday.

Play: Blue Jays -107

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry Mr.Spreitzer, but I'm on the motor city kitties in this game

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Was going to lay down on Detroit as well, really liked them. Looks like they are serving Nathan so far, keep up the good work

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

After a 7 run 8th inning, the Jays definitely have the bats. Pity about the pitching.