RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

MLB futures bets

Really having a hard time figuring out which teams are headed to post - season and which to put money on now to win the NL pennant or AL pennant....I was liking Athletics, but they just tanked in last series. They also stink against lefties, which can hurt you in playoffs depending on the teams you face.
    If I were to put any money in a future now it might be St Louis or LA Dodgers who both have a solid rotation and experience in playoffs, but they can't hit lefties either! If Washington Nats bats were more consistent, I'd back them, as I see them as a playoff team that could make some noise. They have 3 solid starters and a good pen. I think they struggle a bit vs lefties too, but seem to get enough to win.
    Any thoughts? Maybe I need to wait another 10-15 games to get a better idea. I like Detroit, but they are not good on the road.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Probably a good idea for you too find the teams you like with no bearing on their performance this early in the year. Once you find those teams then look at who is not performing up to standards and due for an upswing. I am talking guys like Miguel Cabrera etc. Then find who is overachieving and due for a down swing. That should give you a bit of a better idea of which way teams should trend.

At the moment I like the Yanks in the East, A's in the West, and Tigers. Wildcard teams don't look to live right now.
    In NL I like Braves, Dodgers, and Reds. Nats and Brewers are interesting though. Like Brewers rotation but not sure they can keep it up. At this stage I like Braves/Tigers. Think they both have good shots to be around in the CS.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

nats got hot couple years ago overachieved i'd toss them their pitching has taken a step back the offense is weak

ATL i think the pick right now, great pitching loaded offense and they arent even close to hitting on all cylinders

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Thanks guys. I will take your ideas to heart. I was thinking Braves initially...solid pitching, but their offense is average...maybe they will get hot as year progresses.
    I think with Detroit, I will play them more during season, along with Cards (when they don't face a lefty starter that is)
    For a future bet to win the LCS, I am looking more for a team pegged for Wild Card or fight for division race who has a good price of +500 or better.

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

Too close to call. There are no standout teams in the MLB that is dominating. I will go out on a limb and say the Rockies. Their pitchers are adjusting to Coors field. Their line up is hitting off the charts from 1 to 6. Reminds me of the cards last year.

My other pick would be the reds. Great looking rotation right now without latos as well, but their pen needs to pick it up. Batting has been good all around as well.

In the American League, basically the athletics are the best team. The east is a dogfight and the central is surprisingly competitive.

The Tigers look very beatable right now but when summer rolls around, I can see them catching fire. Same with the Cardinals.