SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

SolidAsStoneMLB Season Picks

Time for my favorite and best sport of the YEAR!

I know a lot of people followed my NCAAB thread and enjoyed the plays and for new people you are following I will say up front that I am NOT one of these guys posting 5 picks a day because 99.9% of the time that DOES NOT WORK! I win a consistent 5-15 units a season in MLB and cannot wait to prove it again this season. Anyways first pick of the season....

Cubs +131 risk 1 unit

WannabeWilly
    WannabeWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Have to disagree...but I wear Red Blinders!

Cingrani > Jackson. Fact: Cingrani is the first pitcher in MLB history to begin his career with 21 starts without allowing more than five hits in any of those appearances.

Good luck!

SolidAsStone

Cubbies bats are hot thru 6....

SolidAsStone

Nothing like a good underdog win to start of the baseball season thread!

Cubs +131 WINNER for +1.31 units.

Overall Record 1-0 (+1.31 units)

SolidAsStone

Have a strong lean for the Sunday Night game tonight. I like the Orioles +144 right now, but I am going to wait until closer to game time to see how the weather turns out

SolidAsStone

Day game today Official Play

Cubs +126 risk 1 unit
    Going with the Cubs to win this one and the series today at home. Today a lot of things are making me like the Cubs but I really like the over/under being set at 9 bc that means homer runs will be flying today and hopefully it'll be Homer Bailey giving them up since he has had a problem with that in his career as well as the beginning of this season!

SolidAsStone

Results Update
    Cubs +126 lost a couple days ago. -1 unit

SolidAsStone

Overall Baseball Record
    1-1 (+.31 units)

I'll have a pick tonight for the 7 o clock games so check back in soon!

SolidAsStone

Official Play

Mets +125 risking 1 units to win 1.25 units

Really love this play. We are getting a solid pitcher with good stuff (Niese) at home against a team that he has done well against in the past. The Mets are also playing to win the series as it is currently tied 1-1. Wacha is throwing for the Cards and he is a crowd favorite that everyone loves nowadays. Granted for good reason, he is on his way to being a stud, but that doesn't mean you can take him everytime he pitches. The Mets are 10-10 and that with Granderson absolutely stinking up the joint so if we can get any production out of him that will just be icing on the cake. I think this game should be +100 so getting the Mets for +125 is a no-brainer to me. BOL to you guys either way.

SolidAsStone

ANOTHER DOG WINNER

Official Result

Mets +125 (+1.25 units)

SolidAsStone

Overall MLB Record

2-1 ( +1.56 units )

The Mets game went just as I hoped it would with 2 solid pitchers pitching well against 2 less than average power lineups which means a close, low scoring game. Remember everyone though that baseball season is a LONG RIDE so don't start raising your unit sizes because I have seen many people who if they had bet the same amount on every game they would have won +10 units BUT since they got excited during winning streaks and would bet 3-5 units on those games and LOSE it ended up that they would actually somehow manage to LOSE money on the season. That is a really tough thing to see or hear happening because its a great accomplishment to pick more winner than losers and it hurts to see that blown over poor betting habits. Anyway sorry to go a bit negative because WE JUST WON! See you all tomorrow if I have another pick!

BigShark301
    BigShark301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Time for the 4th pick of the season....

Official MLB Play

Arizona Diamondback +137 1 units to win 1.37 units

Another one of those games where I think it can go either way and since we are getting the Diamondbacks at +137 that is the side you have to go with. I do hate to go against Cliff Lee because he could just dominate and make you feel stupid for going against him, but its hard to find games with good value and this game is one of them so you can't not take your chance because you don't want to look dumb. Anyway BOL to everyone whichever way they go!

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigShark301

Oops sorry guys I posted from my friends Laptop and didn't realize I was one his screename. So this is still a LEGIT PLAY just under my buddys screename. By the way BigShark has a pretty successful NBA thread going if you want to play the NBA playoffs. I don't really mess with the playoffs unless I really like something, but he does so check into that if you want! Sorry for the confusion boys! Diamondbacks +137 are a LEGIT PLAY though that's all that really matters.

BigShark301

I am going to add another unit to this Arizona Diamondback play. I rarely doe this, but there are times when it seems right.

So Official Play Update

Arizona Diamonback 2 units to win 2.7 units (I added another unit to make it a 2 units play instead of only 1 units like I said in previous post)

SolidAsStone

Well my Arizona pick is looking good, now it is just time for the Arizona Bullpen do to what they get paid to do and close this bad boy OUT!

SolidAsStone

Will update record after work today
    Official Play
    Chicago Cubs +162 risk 1 unit to win 1.62 units