SharpSchaap
    SharpSchaap's Avatar Become A Pro!

2014 MLB High Quality-High Value Selections

I have another thread in this forum which are specific system plays. This thread I am starting today is exclusively for my personal high value-high quality plays. The plays in this thread may, at times, may contradict my system plays and if that happens I would put more emphasis on the plays in this thread. I will post write-ups for the plays in this thread as time permits.

SharpSchaap

10:10 PM ET, April 16, 2014

Petco Park, San Diego, California

911Colorado (J. De La Rosa-L) ML +135 @ 912San Diego (A. Cashner-R)

*Listed Pitchers ONLY*

Andrew Cashner takes the mound tonight in a home start versus the Colorado Rockies on a roll to start the season. He is 1-1 with a 1.29 ERA and a excellent WHIP of 0.81 but he has had no success versus the Rockies, posting a winless record of 0-3 with a 7.16 ERA, a horrible WHIP of 1.81 and a .344 BAA in 9 career appearances (4 starts) totaling 27.2 IP. Jorge De La Rosa has had the opposite start to the 2014 campaign with a record of 0-2 and a 9.69 ERA but he boasts a career record versus the Padres of 7-2 overall and 3-0 with a 1.88 ERA at Petco in his last 4 starts. The Heart of the order for the Padres are a combined 6-38 versus De La Rosa, with the only bright spot being Jed Gyorko but he alone won't be enough in this one. This line is dramatically inflated due to the excellent start of the season for Cashner but regression is in order tonight.

SharpSchaap

Good luck with your wages tonight!