EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Astros Daily Pick (0-1 -2.10)

Well a craptacular start to the season for the 'Stros as Oswalt pitched a gem, but the bullpen blew the game. Not to mention a variety of LOB's by the offense. It smells too much like '06 ... but we're just one day deep.

TUE, APRIL 3rd
    Ian Snell vs. Jason Jennings
    A tricky pick today with Jennings making his first start in a Houston uni. His career #s against PIT are ugly (1-5) and he has not pitched well at Minute Maid Park in his career as a Rockie previously. Snell is (2-3) vs. HOU, but 0-1 with a 2.25 at Minute Maid Park in his career.

Pick: Pirates +1.5 (-135)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on this game personally Eaglesphan. If I were to wager on it at all I would be one the over though.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Well a craptacular start to the season for the 'Stros...
    Excellent summary to the opener, EP. Best of luck with your play tonight.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah. I'm interested to see how Jennings fares tonight. They really need him to be an anchor as a #2. Carlos Lee needs to start earning his paycheck too!

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Carlos Lee needs to start earning his paycheck too!
    Couple more oh-fer's and they'll run El Caballo and the horse he rode in on out of town.

And here's a thought: Maybe try Mansolino as the closer and Lidge as the 3rd-base coach...could they do worse switching roles than they did last night?

EaglesPhan36

Wheeler will probably be closing by the end of the month.

Willie Bee

The only problem with that, EP, is that Wheeler was what, a foot or so from becoming the goat in the top of the 8th inning? Don't get me wrong, I like Wheeler and he is the most logical choice to replace Lidge if the Notre Dame ex continues to implode. But I've been saying it since late last season, and I'll continue to say it: While everyone bemoaned the offense last year, the real weakness was pitching, specifically the pen.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

After last night outting Lidge sure looked like he's pretty much done.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    The only problem with that, EP, is that Wheeler was what, a foot or so from becoming the goat in the top of the 8th inning?
    True, but Wheeler has been more consistent the last two seasons. I actually like Qualls stuff the best, but I think he's best suited as a set-up guy.

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    After last night outting Lidge sure looked like he's pretty much done.
    Dan, did you watch the game? The pitch to Nady was not a bad pitch. True, Lidge has been shaky for a season now, but it wasn't so much the homer by Nady that bothered me as much as how he did after that homer.