CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Why so high. ??

I just don't understand it or think of a reason why so many spring lines are so high. IT'S of no concern really for these spring training games but is this a precursor of " new" lines for the reg. season.? In the past past most games were around -110 flat or -120/+110....but now we see many games priced at -140, -150 +.! So I was wondering if anyone out there has a reason, opinion or a spin on this.??...................Thanks and good luck too all this season.!!

SharpSchaap
    SharpSchaap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line ups, pitching rotations and exactly how long season projected starters will play in each particular game.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by SharpSchaap View Post
    Line ups, pitching rotations and exactly how long season projected starters will play in each particular game.
    I don't think that is it because lets say we are at the point where the starters go 6 inn., then the manager has alot of arms to look at,which increases the probability of many runs in the late innings. This would lead to a lower price on game even for a # 1 starter.

SharpSchaap
    SharpSchaap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line ups and pitching rotations are pretty much all the books have to look at.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i havent seen anything out of the ordinary.

i saw a nationals line last week of like -145 vs Astros when the Nationals line-up was at full strength

CappinTerp

Yes I agree with that....but still don,t get why these lines are so abnormally high. And will this trend continue into reg.season.............What I am getting at is can we find a reason and get ahead of the curve to make money early in the season. Similar to talking about the new foul rules before the college basketball season and reasoning that there would be higher totals, and playing many overs until the books adjusted to this.

CappinTerp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i havent seen anything out of the ordinary.

i saw a nationals line last week of like -145 vs Astros when the Nationals line-up was at full strength
    Yea I saw that but don't forget Houston does not have much loosing 100 + games 3 years in a row.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Spring lines will have no impact on regular season lines.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

I'm guessing that lineups / pitchers for every game are a lot more prevalent and easily accessible now than in the past and vegas is reacting. In the past, this info has been harder to get whereas now there are multiple sources that list everything and books are getting uneven action. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
    Spring lines will have no impact on regular season lines.
    agreed with this