2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ebelisle22 View Post
    Fine if it was the 7th inning. 9th inning that call is wrong
    for someone calling ppl ignorant this is by far the stupidest fukkin post in this whole dumb whiny bitch ass thread..

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15064

he is clearly tripped by a 3rd base man. Anyway, game over. Deal with it. If you cant get over it, then stop gambling.

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    That was absolutely disgusting how do you fukk up that call? In the World fukking series no less! Sox were robbed he was not even close to safe.
    explain how sox were robbed? SOX Backers are blind or something? it was clearly interference.... middlebrooks tried to trip craig and failed

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

every bet this guy(OP) loses he cries foul and fixed lol clear as day Middlebrooks lifted his feet up to impede the runner. Absolute right call in any inning of any game. Bar none. Farrell blew the game..he sucks as a manager just ask Toronto.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2daBank

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

Only person who gets blame for that loss is Saltalamacchia. An errant throw caused all that followed. If he held that ball after being fortunate enough to catch Molina, then we have an injured runner on 3rd and Kozma at the plate with 2 outs. I lost $600 profit on this one bad throw. As much as I hate to admit it, that was clear obstruction because it impeded the baserunner. Unfortunate chain of events for Boston backers like myself. Saltalamacchia already had made me nervous earlier in the game with a couple throws to second that fell short.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave JayMoney24_7 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney24_7 View Post
    Only person who gets blame for that loss is Saltalamacchia. An errant throw caused all that followed. If he held that ball after being fortunate enough to catch Molina, then we have an injured runner on 3rd and Kozma at the plate with 2 outs. I lost $600 profit on this one bad throw. As much as I hate to admit it, that was clear obstruction because it impeded the baserunner. Unfortunate chain of events for Boston backers like myself. Saltalamacchia already had made me nervous earlier in the game with a couple throws to second that fell short.
    crazy that every gm thus far has basically been decided on errors..

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

i did not bet this game but i will say this. the stupid back catcher should not have thrown the ball to the third base to begin with. it was 2 outs!!!!!!!!!!!! would have been first and 3rd...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post
    i did not bet this game but i will say this. the stupid back catcher should not have thrown the ball to the third base to begin with. it was 2 outs!!!!!!!!!!!! would have been first and 3rd...
    with horrible ass kosma coming up, lol..

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Here I made this to put this entire debate to rest.

Obstruction was clearly the only call, and Middlebrooks clearly intentionally tripped Craig.

Case closed.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 2daBank

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    That was absolutely disgusting how do you fukk up that call? In the World fukking series no less! Sox were robbed he was not even close to safe.
    Interference man. How was it not the right call? If he dosnt trip he's safe easy..... Not sure why people are pissed

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    not as ignorant as betting against cards at home at that price.. lucky as shit it was even close as cards could have busted it open about 5 times if ump you bitching about didnt bail peavy out with 6 inch off the plate strikes..
    this. cry some more OP. you shouldn't have even had a chance if Kozma does one thing right in the game.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Seriously guys like I said was at a loud bar kinda watching the game, talking with a couple buddies, and checking out chicks walking by in sexy ass Halloween costumes. Had no audio just saw the play live, and the tail end of a replay with the call at the plate. First reaction was bullshit call but still not sure I could make that call in this game especially bottom 9th. But that's why I'm not an mlb ump lol.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

crybaby thread

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Read the MLB obstruction rule and you'll see that the proper call was made, no question about it. Obstruction does not need to be intentional. The rule is quite clear.

Rule 2.00.
    OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the progress of any runner.

Rule 2.00 (Obstruction) Comment: If a fielder is about to receive a thrown ball and if the ball is in flight directly toward and near enough to the fielder so he must occupy his position to receive the ball he may be considered "in the act of fielding a ball." It is entirely up to the judgment of the umpire as to whether a fielder is in the act of fielding a ball. After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the "act of fielding" the ball. For example: an infielder dives at a ground ball and the ball passes him and he continues to lie on the ground and delays the progress of the runner, he very likely has obstructed the runner.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

penetrate Boston, it was the right call

if your catcher doesn't do a shit throw, you're not laying on your back

Again, penetrate Boston.

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Baseball, what a bunch of pansies. My how the game has changed and all these rules...let em run over the catcher is about the only fun part they haven't quite taken away yet, but it's coming.

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Figures, same ump that screwed Armando Gallaraga out of a no hitter and then cried about it the next day on National TV lmao

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

if OP had been on the cardinals there would have been 3 threads on why that was the best call ever in all of sports.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Have to admit I am rooting for Sox but they screwed themselves more than anything else these last couple games.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    if OP had been on the cardinals there would have been 3 threads on why that was the best call ever in all of sports.
    Youre a fukking moron

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    Here I made this to put this entire debate to rest.

Obstruction was clearly the only call, and Middlebrooks clearly intentionally tripped Craig.

Case closed.

Pictures don't lie.

1) It was clearly obstruction
    2) It would have been obstruction even if Middlesbrooks didn't raise his legs (see pic 2) but even so, not only was he obstructing Craig, he was trying to trip him.

If Craig wasn't tripped, he would have scored easily. There is a reason it's against the rules to trip base runners....

I can't believe people can't see this. Either way, St. Louis never trailed and should have had a bigger lead. Boston was lucky to even be that close and did not deserve to win.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

EB what's the play bud? I really want to unload on Boston they have been the cause of their own demise last couple games as much as Cards have done anything. Do they bounce back? I hope so and lean that way but don't want to bet on emotion for this one. I'm 2-1 so far this series just losing last night and have a $100 series bet with a buddy at even $ on Sox.

First 12