No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Red Sox +104 for Game 5

Hard to trust Anibal, regardless of his home numbers this year and what he did in Game 1. He runs high pitch counts because he is in love with the K vs. getting the easy out, which will lead to the suspect Tiger bullpen earlier. Meanwhile, Boston is turning to their ace (sorry GM, Lester is their ace -- not Peavy, LOL). I know the Tigers resurrected their offense last night, but basically, it was one inning aided by an error.

I think you can get this at a better number if you wait. Not advocating a big play by any means, but I wouldn't be fooled by the short home fave here unfortunately. I'd like to say otherwise, but I felt much more comfortable backing Detroit last night than I do tonight. I think DET heads to Boston with its back against the wall.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm anticipating that at some point, you'll get about a +115 if you shop around.

Again, I'd love to recommend a play on the Tigers -- but I think this is Boston or nothing.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

In Sanchez we trust!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Thoughts on tomorrows game , over/under @ 5.5. Never seen that in MLB. 2nd time out for both, somebody is going to get whacked. Probably the rookie second time around.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Sanchez will choke here and blow up. 6 walks last game and Boston uncharacteristically didn't capitalize, not again. Lester is pitching very well and at plus money I agree.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I like it

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Funny how people are turning on the American league era leader

thebestthereis

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Funny how people are turning on the American league era leader
    He has good stuff, new in league so hitters were unfamiliar. Sox have seen this guy once and couldn't come through after 6 walks. Timely hitting obviously is key, I think the Sox do so tonight as they have seen him now. They will adjust.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

i dont think this is about the pitchers......i think the tigers have found something with their lineup right now.......including miggy

T.hunt stated miggy has changed to a 2 handed swing to compensate for his health, bundled with moving jackson down in the lineup, and being at home......i like the tigers today

but it may be a no play for me.......got to wait and see

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I was so pissed game 1 when Tigers went 1-11 with RISP and left 12 runners on base. Doubt they do that this time around again. They can hit Lester and they hit lefties in general a lot better. They hit him last game just couldn't get 1 when it mattered. I mean Redsox were 0-6 with RISP also but 1-11 is worse in my eyes. NC not sure how you don't trust Sanchez but you dI'd Fister? Contact pither like Fister worried me more than Sanchez against a hard swinging team like redsox.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Contact pither like Fister worried me more than Sanchez against a hard swinging team like redsox.
    Fister just seems to be a more even-keeled veteran. Something about Sanchez has always bugged me. Like I said, he falls in love with the K, and before you know it, he has 85 pitches and he's not even through the fourth inning. I just don't trust him in a high-pressure situation. Everyone thought he'd be a slam dunk at home vs. Oakland and he got shelled.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Fister just seems to be a more even-keeled veteran. Something about Sanchez has always bugged me. Like I said, he falls in love with the K, and before you know it, he has 85 pitches and he's not even through the fourth inning. I just don't trust him in a high-pressure situation. Everyone thought he'd be a slam dunk at home vs. Oakland and he got shelled.
    I hear ya but guess I'm not as worried about him as you. The question is if Tigers bats can keep hot. The other problem for tonights game is rain. I would say there's a decent chance this game may get ppd or at very least delays. Raining all day in pretty much all Michigan is the forecast I am hearing.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Yeah rain makes under a no play, I might just stay away.

Lester at + $ and on the rise seems off

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

It's not like sanchezs pitch count gets high EVERY single game.....

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Good luck man

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Sanchez's walks need to be weighed heavily here.

thebestthereis

spot on, chicken dinner

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    spot on, chicken dinner
    Good to have you back, reis.