turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Oakland Series +150

+150 on what looks like at worst a coin flip. IMO A's match up well with the Tigers here and should be even money at worst.

What's the deal with this firesale on the A's? Heavy public money.

Tigers beat the A's last year in a 5 game series and all of a sudden, Tiger's "own" A's in playoffs (in expectation, how many players are still on each team from the ALCS about a decade ago?).

Huge names on Detroit roster (Cabrera, Fielder, Scherzer, Verlander, Anna Belle the ERA leader). Bunch of nonames on the A's who get zero coverage on any sports network.

A's have no offense. Or do they? They've hit more dingers in a pitcher friendly park since the ASB than any other team? Lots of double digit routs of teams coming into this postseason.

Homefield advantage. Didn't help help the A's last year. But that was the 2-3 format and we're back at 2-2-1. Plus 12k more fans than last year might help stop the umps from giving Verlander an abnormal strike zone this time around. A's are 52-29 at home. Crowd may not have been a factor in this as they didn't show up in teh regular season for the most part. So maybe an abnormal and meaningless statistic but there may be a factor unaccounted for.

A's are seriously undervalued here. I think these playoff series are coinflips when it comes down to it. +150 for a coinflip is something you should take every single time.

Disclosure: I'm an A's fan. But I would've bet Det if they were +150. Neither of these teams should be heavily +

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

like oaktown as well, over the last few years they been one of my favorite teams to bet, continually undervalued and are big time in this series cause det has all the names..

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreeing with OP and the meth abuser, Oakland wins this series. Verlander isn't the same pitcher he was last year, but squares and detriot homers will keep reaching for last year's postseason stats as some proof of total dominance to expect this time around.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheMLBKing View Post
    agreeing with OP and the meth abuser, Oakland wins this series. Verlander isn't the same pitcher he was last year, but squares and detriot homers will keep reaching for last year's postseason stats as some proof of total dominance to expect this time around.
    damn i hate agreeing with a pedophile, little internet tough guy bitch..

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Moneyball baby watch that movie. I'm sure it translates into the lines as well

TheMLBKing

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    damn i hate agreeing with a pedophile, little internet tough guy bitch..
    That's hilarious, because nothing in my posts suggests that I'm anything close to a pedophile, whereas your location and avatar at least make you being a meth head somewhat plausible.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheMLBKing View Post
    That's hilarious, because nothing in my posts suggests that I'm anything close to a pedophile, whereas your location and avatar at least make you being a meth head somewhat plausible.
    all your post suggest you are a miserable person that more than likely was molested as a child,, really no other explanation for the way you act other than you a real life punk who feels better bout himself insulting ppl on a message board cause you to scared to go outside and do it... well the rare post when you actually take a side before a gm suggest you should find a different kind of forum to post at cause you cant cap a gm to save your sorry life , my guess is you dont even wager based off post where you laugh at ppl on the worng side, then the gm hits, and you say "oh i didnt bet that side", cant even pick the winner when you wait till the 4th qrtr..if i didnt know any better id say you are that one dipshits nitneylionfan's ghost and he a flamer..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

gueys gueys gueys

lets stay focused on baseball.

if you like A's here sprinkle a little on A's +600 to win the world series

I like the A's chances against ANY National League opponent.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 10-02-13 at 12:12 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    gueys gueys gueys

lets stay focused on baseball.

if you like A's here sprinkle a little on A's +600 to win the world series

it would be nice if that was possible, unfortunately at sbr you are forced to deal with bitch little trolls that like to throw stones behind their keyboards...

A's certainly took it to stl but it was a time when cards were playing really bad baseball for a stretch.. im way more of a gm to gm bettor, i mean i do some futures at 1st of year but with way better odds than just 6 to 1, at 6 to 1 you gotta tie up too much money for a month to make it pay where i could be using it to bet gm to gm and i really dont think oak wins the ws anyway...i just thought +150 seemed pretty high for this series that i think will come down to the wire, oak too scrappy for det to just cruise past them imo..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

it would be nice if that was possible, unfortunately at sbr you are forced to deal with bitch little trolls that like to throw stones behind their keyboards...

A's certainly took it to stl but it was a time when cards were playing really bad baseball for a stretch.. im way more of a gm to gm bettor, i mean i do some futures at 1st of year but with way better odds than just 6 to 1, at 6 to 1 you gotta tie up too much money for a month to make it pay where i could be using it to bet gm to gm and i really dont think oak wins the ws anyway...i just thought +150 seemed pretty high for this series that i think will come down to the wire, oak too scrappy for det to just cruise past them imo..
    yeah scrappy is the best way to describe the A's

TheMLBKing

Agreed. I got a Cards-A's world series. +1345 at 5dimes right now.

all your post suggest you are a miserable person that more than likely was molested as a child, really no other explanation for the way you act other than you a real life punk who feels better bout himself insulting ppl on a message board cause you to scared to go outside and do it...
    I insult idiots and hopeless druggies both offline and online, get over yourself.

well the rare post when you actually take a side before a gm suggest you should find a different kind of forum to post at cause you cant cap a gm to save your sorry life my guess is you dont even wager based off post where you laugh at ppl on the worng side, then the gm hits, and you say "oh i didnt bet that side", cant even pick the winner when you wait till the 4th qrtr..if i didnt know any better id say you are that one dipshits nitneylionfan's ghost and he a flamer..
    more lies and conjecture. And putrid grammar to boot. Meth...not even once. If you can find a way to put down the pipe for a second and fly over to Boston we can chat about all the things you would and wouldn't say to my face.

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    +150 on what looks like at worst a coin flip. IMO A's match up well with the Tigers here and should be even money at worst.

What's the deal with this firesale on the A's? Heavy public money.

Tigers beat the A's last year in a 5 game series and all of a sudden, Tiger's "own" A's in playoffs (in expectation, how many players are still on each team from the ALCS about a decade ago?).

Huge names on Detroit roster (Cabrera, Fielder, Scherzer, Verlander, Anna Belle the ERA leader). Bunch of nonames on the A's who get zero coverage on any sports network.

A's have no offense. Or do they? They've hit more dingers in a pitcher friendly park since the ASB than any other team? Lots of double digit routs of teams coming into this postseason.

Homefield advantage. Didn't help help the A's last year. But that was the 2-3 format and we're back at 2-2-1. Plus 12k more fans than last year might help stop the umps from giving Verlander an abnormal strike zone this time around. A's are 52-29 at home. Crowd may not have been a factor in this as they didn't show up in teh regular season for the most part. So maybe an abnormal and meaningless statistic but there may be a factor unaccounted for.

A's are seriously undervalued here. I think these playoff series are coinflips when it comes down to it. +150 for a coinflip is something you should take every single time.

Disclosure: I'm an A's fan. But I would've bet Det if they were +150. Neither of these teams should be heavily +
    LOL