maple_syrup
    maple_syrup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Friday MLB Parlay - Critical feedback much appreciated.

1. Washington (G.Gonzalez) to beat KC (B.Chen) - Although B.Chen is 3-0 with a 1.96 era @ home this season, KC has lost 5 straight.

2. Texas (M.Perez) to beat CWS (C.Sale) - its hard to justify going against C.Sale (and a suddenly hot White Sox team winning 6 straight) other then the simple fact of Texas offense. I am hoping Alex Rios burns his former team.

3. Pitts SF over 6.5 - Umpire Gary Cederstrom 12-7-0 (OV/UN/P) this season. Plus a wind of 10mph pushing out of the park should result in more flyball and homers

Combined odds 7.3 times your money.

What do you guys think?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

I looked at the Wash/KC game twice.

Here's the thing, KC will strike out probably 7 times tonight, however the middle of the line up can and has taken Gio deep. Gordon, Butler, and Hosmer all have. And Sal Perez behind the dish is for 3-3.

So KC can rake him, but they have a penchant of swinging an missing as well.

Game is a total coin toss/mystery.
    58 year old Chen goes for KC, pitching like he's 22 again, will not overpower Nat line up, but they must be patient.

SF/Pitt total is dicey too.
    Morton, if right, will entice a lot of ground ball outs. If he isn't right, SF will single and double their way to 5 runs.
    Bumgarner does not allow many big flies, like 1 homer allowed every other start or so.

Texas play looks OK to me, Beltre may get his nut off here, Kinsler may be good for two hits

maple_syrup
    maple_syrup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I agree with KC game, Bruce Chen is differently pitching beyond his ability. I guess I still view Gio as the pitcher he has last season.

As for SF/Pitt
    Morton has been hit hard by SF batters in the past. Pitt managed put up 10 runs yesterday, and given that a spread of only 6.5 should not be much of a challenge even through AT&T Park has been 2nd last (behind Petco) for offensive production. Don't get me wrong this will not be a highly offensive game, but I do expect a close 1 or 2 run game possibly a 3-4, 3-5 run line.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

the time to hit the low over in the sf/sd game was yesterday. to many repeat of last game chasers on this one to make it worth while imo.