Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland Indians v. Minnesota Twins (MLB.com game of the day)

Leaning towards Cleveland in this matchup with Salazar pitching; the kid has great stuff, a great fastball, and he counters it with some great off-speed. He struck out 7 in his first outing against Toronto in a 4-2 victory, and 10 Detroit batters in his latest outing of which he factored a no-decision in a 14 inning affair (Detroit essentially could not get anything going until the 8th inning). Both of those clubs can mash.

-I know Cleveland is coming off a tough losing streak, but that rally from a 5-run deficit can really get a team to turn a corner and start a winning-streak. Come from behind wins are always something I like to incorporate for a team's next game.

-Andrew Albers (L) is no slouch either for Minnesota, but I don't like his stuff as much as Salazar, furthermore the Indians have a propensity to hit Lefties well. Cleveland is 5-4 in the season series so far, not an advantage I would say, but they have played Minnesota competitively.

-One of the stats that's is somewhat striking to me is that Minnesota are 2nd worst in the league at close to 9 k's per game, while Cleveland is 2nd in the league at striking-out opponents at 8 K's per game, something has to give in the relationship, especially with a K-pitcher like Salazar.

I would write more, but who wants to read a 2 page analysis. When all is said and done I do like Cleveland in this first game.

GL

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

debating FF aswell.

Also of note, a large portion of early money and public-money on the Indians whether one reads into that or not. I don't give too much credence to it in baseball (as negative), but to those that do, 80-90% of money is coming in on the Indians.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Lol Salazar has allowed 3 hits total...- two of which were HRs, and this Albers kid has allowed 1.

That is where we stand, this game is boring.

Games not over but the way the Twins are playing this might be their world series. Diving catches galore, yay fielding percentage!

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm not backing them from now on. This team has cost me a lot of dough this season.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    I'm not backing them from now on. This team has cost me a lot of dough this season.
    I agree completely. That was a ridiculous showing by Cleveland they had a good game against LA and then return with a 2-hit perfomance against a schmuck with an 88 mph fastball, they looked like they were just going through the motions towards the end, no fight, no heart.

I guess this douche Albers deserves credit. Ive bet Cleveland all maybe 3 times this year and I wont for the rest most likely.