fahadk87
    fahadk87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tonight's picks

Hey people

Currently betting on MLB. I have been doing pretty well so far.
    Just thought I would post my daily bets and if it gives anyone any ideas that would be a bonus, I hope to share betting picks and the logic that is being used, and I will share my logic as well.
    My current payback on MLB is around 25% return, so i'm doing pretty good, it's not sustainable but I will try my best to prolong it.

My picks today:

Detroit Tigers to win at odds: 1.88
    Picked them because Scherzer has been mightily impressive this yr and were also unlucky to lose yesterday.

New York Yankee's to win at odds: 1.7
    Sabathia had a very good game last time out until the 1 poor inning where he blew the Yankee's lead. Yankee's seem to be swinging the bat ok, and after Cano's homer yesterday I expect him to be out of his funk. You know the saying scoring runs is contagious

Cleveland Indian to win at odds: 2.09
    Both pitchers are terrible, however Cleveland bats are hotter than the Royals and they recent form is much better to. I felt the odds were too high and should be closer to 1.95, I think there is plenty of value in this bet.

Texas Rangers to win with handicap -1.5 at odds: 2.5
    I know you shouldn't bet against King Felix, but he hasn't fared well against the Rangers, also Texas's recent form is much better and D Holland is no slouch himself.

How are everyone else's bet looking tonight.

(I forgot to add I work for a bookmaker)

GLA
    Last edited by fahadk87; 07-03-13 at 03:46 PM.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

what do you do for the bookmaker, and how did you get a job with a bookmaker?

fahadk87

I work in the risk management department I can't go into more detail than this, I got the job by applying to a job advertisement while I was studying at University, My odd's are different to the 1's used on this website, it's because I live in the UK so I use European odds.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by fahadk87 View Post
    Hey people

Currently betting on MLB. I have been doing pretty well so far.
    Just thought I would post my daily bets and if it gives anyone any ideas that would be a bonus, I hope to share betting picks and the logic that is being used, and I will share my logic as well.
    My current payback on MLB is around 25% return, so i'm doing pretty good, it's not sustainable but I will try my best to prolong it.

My picks today:

Detroit Tigers to win at odds: 1.88
    Picked them because Scherzer has been mightily impressive this yr and were also unlucky to lose yesterday.

New York Yankee's to win at odds: 1.7
    Sabathia had a very good game last time out until the 1 poor inning where he blew the Yankee's lead. Yankee's seem to be swinging the bat ok, and after Cano's homer yesterday I expect him to be out of his funk. You know the saying scoring runs is contagious

Cleveland Indian to win at odds: 2.09
    Both pitchers are terrible, however Cleveland bats are hotter than the Royals and they recent form is much better to. I felt the odds were too high and should be closer to 1.95, I think there is plenty of value in this bet.

Texas Rangers to win with handicap -1.5 at odds: 2.5
    I know you shouldn't bet against King Felix, but he hasn't fared well against the Rangers, also Texas's recent form is much better and D Holland is no slouch himself.

How are everyone else's bet looking tonight.

(I forgot to add I work for a bookmaker)

GLA
    tigers won yesterday pal, but i like your pick

ItsMeMrMattE

thats cool. working for a book has to be pretty fun.

fahadk87

Ah yes there did, I was chopping and changing and deleted the part where I had wrote "unlucky to lose yesterday with the -1.5 handicap". I played it safe today, as there is enough value on the Money line odds.

In future I will convert to American odds would easier for everyone to understand

fahadk87

Yeh it's really fun, didnt know jobs existed for graduates in this sort of industry, can watch sports all day while u do ur work

fahadk87

Converted the odds for today picks.

Tigers: -113.64

Yankees: -142.86

Indians: +109

Rangers: +150

ItsMeMrMattE

what did you major in?

fahadk87

Did a Degree in Mathematics, then did a Masters degree in Mathematics straight after my degree.
    is this a field ur interested in?

ItsMeMrMattE

dropped out of college about a year ago, was going for just general business. lost interest and motivation in it, so decided to just put it on hold until i figure out what i really wanted to do. student loans can be a killer especially if your just trying to get a piece of paper with it. thinking about going back for a finance or analytics degree. i could see myself enjoying the risk/reward of stock play. i know nothing about it tho, more knowledgeable in the sports markets as of now. just love the idea of doing research, analyzing, and then formulating predictions. i also like the way both markets, sports and stocks, are progressing. if you have time check out my post in the players talk room about the future of sports and sports betting. would love to here someone working for the books thoughts on the whole issue. what are some of the other major degrees your co-workers have?