AllOfYouLose
    AllOfYouLose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need help...

My girl and I read the thread every night or day before the games start and she always asks wat people mean by "value" plays, n i dont kno wat to tell her can someone help us out? To me a value play is a dog with plus odds but seems that these sooo called value plays tend to be sooo called losers, any input would b great thanx!
    P.S. Her philosophy reminds me of that one dude brok, who always says there is no juice wen u win, but she says u also have to pick ur spots wen laying the vig!

AllOfYouLose
    AllOfYouLose's Avatar Become A Pro!

So i take it that u all like to make "value plays" and lose money? Sounds good

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

a way to explain it would be, lets say you like a certain team to win tomorrow. you think they will win easy and would have no problem laying -150 on them, yet the line is only at -115. now that team may not win tomorrow but if you were to run the same scenario over and over lets say 100 times and you still see that team winning more times than not. then theres value there in your opinion.

DeezusWINSTREAKT
    DeezusWINSTREAKT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Value is how you see it. If the better play to make is -130 it can be value cuz its low.

Lot of ppl bet high numbers n call it value. no. +200 on a loser has no value. Winners r value

If you have a winner @ -200 it still holds value but not as much as a winner at -130 or +120.

But if you call it good value to take +200 cuz u wana get paid double ur money its usually for a reason that u lose on this kind of "value"

Look up value in the dictionary. Its not slang. Whats valuable?

Ppl on the "too valuable to pass up" stuff they mean they see an affordable game or good upset that has a chance.

Value has nothing to do with sports its just numbers or talk of betting

DeezusWINSTREAKT

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    a way to explain it would be, lets say you like a certain team to win tomorrow. you think they will win easy and would have no problem laying -150 on them, yet the line is only at -115. now that team may not win tomorrow but if you were to run the same scenario over and over lets say 100 times and you still see that team winning more times than not. then theres value there in your opinion.
    That is great value cuz u got a buyable numbr compared to -200 where u lose 1/4 as much more or so Of ur bet if you do lose.

If you bet -200 all day on bad value u will soon find that u Learn you coulda put that say $ 200 in splits of $ 100 And had two chances of winning the same pay out

It all come down to the game Don't let numbers confuse u or puah u in any direction but do try stay away from unsure high numbers. Most safe games got a high number anyways. Make good plays n don't lose that's value

And if you do lose make sure it was worth value u paid

DeezusWINSTREAKT

A lot of threads i See titled value plays Are noobs posting $5 gambles