No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Totals experts: give me a read on WAS/PIT under 7 (-106)

Is this a good play?

Pirates are atrocious against lefties. Burnett can be nasty when on. Both pitchers have ERA's under 3 so far. Neither offenses are anything to write home about. Thoughts?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yes great play. one of my top plays today , i was just about to make a thread about this one.

i love national league unders with the pitcher being a rally killer at the end of the line-up.

both of these teams pitch well, have great bullpens and can't hit on most days.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Grasping at straws now pal....stay away

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

NC, you know that you're one of my favorite guys around here, so I know that you will not be offended when I (a) point out that you and full-game non-team totals do not mix, and (b) ask you to take a pass because I'm on this under and don't need the agita. Cheers!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    NC, you know that you're one of my favorite guys around here, so I know that you will not be offended when I (a) point out that you and full-game non-team totals do not mix, and (b) ask you to take a pass because I'm on this under and don't need the agita. Cheers!
    I know, I know. Wasn't planning on looking at anything totals-wise today, but this caught my eye just given what I've seen from Detwiller, AJB and these two teams.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I know, I know. Wasn't planning on looking at anything totals-wise today, but this caught my eye just given what I've seen from Detwiller, AJB and these two teams.
    Well, i obviously cannot disagree (given that i'm on the under). Think of it this way: Paul Emmel will be working home plate somewhere, and he was just in Toronto, so totally conceivable that he could be in Pittsburgh tonight. You don't want under when Emmel is working. How's that?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i decided to take Pirates team total under 3.5

good news about the under on the home team is if they are up 2-1 in the 9th they won't have to hit in the bottom of the 9th

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Totals are always easy when I don't play them.