Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Cain/Giants only -110 against Gallardo/Brewers?

Sharps help me out here...

Giants lost 2 to Brewers already... and this game is to avoid a sweep. Giants are the defending World Series champs and have their ace on the mound who hasn't won a game yet (nor has the team in any of the 3 games he has pitched.) Gallardo has been inconsistent, and this is the perfect game for the sometimes lackluster Giants offense to score some runs behind a solid pitcher in Matt Cain.

All logic would point to a Giants win. I was originally expecting a line in the area of -150. Regardless of the last few games, Giants are a public team and Cain is a public pitcher. Fukking Kershaw was like -260 yesterday.

However, the line was at -135 and went down as low as -105 at some places, despite a majority of the public being on the Giants. Posey was a 20 cent drop? Smells fishy. I know you shouldn't read to heavily into the lines, especially in baseball, but what gives? Is Brewers the play?

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gallardo has been sober for 3 days he will throw a 7 inning shut out

Cubs hit two HRs off Cain wouldn't back him right now

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

scutaro is likely to be replaced by nick noonan as well. so not just posey

Hotnicks
    Hotnicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10519

Same thing happened 2 days ago. Line opened, dropped, and the public was all over giants. Then zito got his titties lit up. I followed the steam and cashed last time so I'm hoping for a repeat.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Cain hasn't displayed the 2012 form. Also, everyone talks about Mil bp but SF bp hasn't been much to write home about.

PRIOR to last night's game, the stats:

Giants BP 4.44 ERA/1.274 WHIP/12 RUNS/22 HITS/4 HRs/9 WALKS/23 K's on the Road

Brewers BP 4.85 ERA/1.517 WHIP/19 RUNS/34 HITS/6 HRs/11 WALKS/30 K's at Home

As you can see, there isn't a big of a difference as most people think. I passed SF/MIL yesterday and will probably pass today as I see more interesting angles to exploit.