PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

White Sox v Royals

Royals have been lighting up Peavy last few starts, Santana been owning white Sox. Wanted to play white Sox but all the numbers tell me to take royals, but the line is moving against the royals.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

The entire board is on KC and Santana is awful. KC's bats are marginally better than CHW in 2013 and Peavy is head and shoulders the better SP. not sure there is value in this unless you believe in 3-6 AB's worth of data a year added up over the past 5 years and think KC hitters 'own' peavy.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Thanks for the insights, Peavy is def better but unsure how much stock to put in the pitcher v team matchups. Some pitchers seem to do better in certain parks or against certain lineups, I believe this is a real factor in some circumstances. Scares me if most of the board is on kc. Think I'll just watch it

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go KC!!

joseph221980
    joseph221980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Well I bet on the whitesox today.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    The entire board is on KC and Santana is awful. KC's bats are marginally better than CHW in 2013 and Peavy is head and shoulders the better SP. not sure there is value in this unless you believe in 3-6 AB's worth of data a year added up over the past 5 years and think KC hitters 'own' peavy.
    Santana has electric stuff. If he was awful he wouldnt be a #2 starter in the bigs.

This game is literally a coin flip. So i guess KC has some value.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Santana has electric stuff. If he was awful he wouldnt be a #2 starter in the bigs.

Has nothing to do with his stuff. Dude is a mental midget.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is the Royals we are talking about, not a respectable franchise/organization.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Great point. How about Lucas Harrell and Kevin Correia as well. they're great #2 starters as well, right? Can you at least bring up a valid counterpoint next time?

Usually a 91 mph fastball is never considered 'electric', and considering even GMDM wasn't dumb enough to give up anything more than a AAA middle reliever, i doubt he is considered anything above average.
    Last edited by EXhoosier10; 04-03-13 at 01:32 PM.