themajormt
    Yanks!!
    themajormt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it me or are todays games a little rough?

I have an itch to do some work on these games today and not much is standing out to me...

My top play is going to be the Cards, then MAYBE the Giants... After that I dont have much, unless you want to mortgage your house to win something significant with the Yankees...

Anyone else?

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Having a real hard time today. Like the Astros on the ML but won't pull the trigger. I don't like the cards on the ML let alone the RL tonight. Have about three games on the over/under but am not 100% either. Can't believe I'm saying this but I think I will hold off on action today. Phukin September baseball.....

themajormt
    Yanks!!

You dont like the Cards at all?

Jerkens is terrible on the road on a series opener, Braves have been reeling, STL is firing on all cylinders and has by far the better bullpen...

I'm hitting STL pretty hard...

themajormt
    Yanks!!

Also like the under with them but not sure...

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Not liking the Cards either. Although Braves are full-out fade territory they have decent numbers vs. Pineiro and you just have to think that Pineiro is due for a bad game by now. The under looks better, but Atlanta's bats woke up yesterday, both McClouth and Escobar who have good numbers vs. Pineiro.

Panekkkk

I like the Marlins ML, or -1
    Rockies at -136 are a steal IMO although the Padres are almost .500 vs. LHP (24-25) and have won 4 of last 5 vs. LHP -- Rockies need a win to stay up in Wild Card though
    Last edited by Panekkkk; 09-11-09 at 10:55 AM.

soul4tnt
    i suck these days..
    soul4tnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

same here.. so hard to predict. i don't feel like holding off tho, i might risk a few on faves.

Panekkkk

The over 9 in Rangers game looks solid ... Texas hitting well and Millwood has poor numbers vs. Mariners and has been throwing pretty poorly lately

CashMoney

Quote Originally Posted by themajormt View Post
    You dont like the Cards at all?

Jerkens is terrible on the road on a series opener, Braves have been reeling, STL is firing on all cylinders and has by far the better bullpen...

I'm hitting STL pretty hard...
    I don't trust Piniero. His career ERA against the Braves is over 6 and he hasn't been pitching well as of late even though the Cardinals are winning when he starts. Jurrjens is capable of shutting down a team on any given night and even though he hasn't won against the Cards his numbers aren't terrible. The last time these two faced eachother, the Cards held on for a 3-2 win. I think this game can go either way.

Then again I've been in a funk lately so this will probably cash.........

Panekkkk

I agree, I think the Braves have the edge with how well Jurjjens can pitch. His numbers against STL are sparkling. I'd take the under if I wasn't afraid of Pineiro suddenly getting lit up.

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I think all the chalk at high prices look good. They have the better pitching and the better era's lately, especially the ones at home. This is either a BIG DOG day, or the favs will dominate.
    I am leaning towards the latter happening. But all it takes is a few of the big dogs to win and the chalk roi is out the window.
    I just am playing a couple of the lower price chalk, KC-140, Colo-150.

CashMoney

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    I agree, I think the Braves have the edge with how well Jurjjens can pitch. His numbers against STL are sparkling. I'd take the under if I wasn't afraid of Pineiro suddenly getting lit up.
    I was leaning towards the under but held off because of Piniero can go either way. No action for me today but just locked in my football picks.

Panekkkk

I think a parlay Yanks/Marlins both ML is a solid option, with Federer sprinkled in there. Going 2 units on it. That might be it for me.

GL

mikelius
    mikelius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I´m not an expert buy I think that today.....

NYM- PHI .- under
    ATL-STL.- under.- I´m sure !!!!
    LOS- SFO.- under (here I have more doubts)
    SEA-TEX.- over (here I have more doubts)

themajormt
    Yanks!!

I went ahead with STL, maybe I am biased because of Soriano blowing the save the other night and almost assuring I lose in my fantasy playoffs, but I also took the under...

GL today gents! Also took the over in the college fball game, leaned towards the home dog on the ML, but laid off..

Panekkkk

Not touching Rockies game ... Two injuries, Rockies bullpen worked 6+ innings of relief last game, De La Rosa is 0-1 >6 ERA vs Padres... Mucijca coming from bullpen to pitch, has <4 ERA, wil probably only go 4 or 5 innings, and SD bullpen has 2.22 ERA in last 16 games...

Hence the line at 7.5. Staying away ... although I lean Rockies and know they will win because I won't bet on it.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

oakland athletics over minnesota twins.......oakland's bats are hot lots of speed....minny not scoring enough

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Late night picks:

AZ/Mil under 9: Both teams have lost 7 of 9, both teams were gravely disappointed to fall out of the playoff race. During these slumps, Milwaukee is hitting .195 and scoring 2.6 runs. The D'backs are hitting .226 and scoring 3.2 runs. Looper has pitched well all year and Doug Davis has 8 quality starts in his last 9.

Chi/LAA under 9: Gavin Floyd has a 2.62 ERA in his last 20 games and has a 1.21 WHIP on the year. Joe Saunders has really come on, winning 3 in a row and allowing 4 runs in 17 innings.

Panekkk, I like the Rockies, too, but I like the over in that game even more.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since I gave my system a rest been an up and down week for me... Put my bet in this morning on the Phillies and they pulled me back to even for the week with a win tonight... Tough time of the season because even though we see teams that should win... we also need to remember some of these same teams will fall out...

themajormt
    Yanks!!

I told all you fukkers that ATL was the best bet... Why dont you guys listen to me??

themajormt
    Yanks!!

Hopefully I can hit this over 52 at -147 and I can turn a profit tonight... Fukking laid off Toledo ML...

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by themajormt View Post
    Hopefully I can hit this over 52 at -147 and I can turn a profit tonight... Fukking laid off Toledo ML...
    I hope so...it is over that already!

SKiLLsSoLoN
    Glad to have baseball back!
    SKiLLsSoLoN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1410

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    oakland athletics over minnesota twins.......oakland's bats are hot lots of speed....minny not scoring enough
    nice call!