GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

(9/11) GiveMeaBJ's MLB Friday (7-1 +7.11 Units)

Giants -128 (5 Dimes) to win 1 Unit
    This number seems low to me given a few aspects of this game. The oddsmakers seem to be stubborn on adjusting to the Dodgers post-all star break. Since July 23rd the Dodgers are just 22-24 yet they are still getting the prices of the dominant team they were pre-all star break. Lets not forget the Giants 45-23 home record this year. Matt Cain taking the hill for the Giants and he is pitching well. In his last 5 starts the Giants are 4-1 and he has thrown 35.1 innings giving up 11 ER, 22 K's, and 9 BB's. The Giants are 20-8 in his 28 starts this year and 12-2 in his 14 home starts this year. The Dodgers counter with Hiroki Kuroda who is still trying to get back into form after missing time after being drilled in the head by a liner in Arizona. The Giants need this game to keep pace with the Rockies and this is a good spot to pick up a W.
    Giants 5, Dodgers 2

Angels -139 (5 Dimes) to win 1 Unit
    Really don't get the price. Angels still undervalued here, a 43-26 home record coming off a sweep in a division series against the Mariners. White Sox much different team away from home, just 30-39. Joe Saunders on the hill for the Angels and since coming off of the DL he has been much better. In 3 starts since his DL stint he is 3-0 going 17.1 innings giving up just 4 ER. Gavin Floyd goes for the Sox and he is a different guy away from home. Look at his road splits: 5-6, 94 IP, and an ERA of 5.17.
    Angels 6, White Sox 4

oda11
    oda11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Angels, Angels, Angels!

Like the Dodgers though, but good luck with Angels!

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Cardinals -128 (BetJam) to win 1 Unit
    The Cardinals have been on a tear since aquiring Matt Holliday, look at these ridiculous numbers; since aquiring Holliday the Cardinals are 32-10, 17-4 at home, and are 25-6 in their last 31 games. While Jair Jurrjens has pitched very well this year the Braves are just 2-6 in his past 8 starts. He has also been average since August began. Joel Pineiro is as solid as they come for the Cardinals. The Cards are 11-1 in his last 12 starts and he is 8-0 in his last 8 descisions. Pineiro also has a 2.62 ERA at home this year.
    Cardinals 3, Braves 0

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by oda11 View Post
    Angels, Angels, Angels!

Like the Dodgers though, but good luck with Angels!
    Thanks man. Hopefully the Angels can get us the money.

oda11

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Thanks man. Hopefully the Angels can get us the money.
    Hellz yeahh!

The thing I am worried about Giants is their bats lol, they are ridiculous unpredictable. Cain is good, but if he doesn't get some run support, Dodgers will kill them in the late innings I think. But good luck, I like Dodgers, but probably not gonna bet on them, so I will root for Giants instead, LOL.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Hellz yeahh!

The thing I am worried about Giants is their bats lol, they are ridiculous unpredictable. Cain is good, but if he doesn't get some run support, Dodgers will kill them in the late innings I think. But good luck, I like Dodgers, but probably not gonna bet on them, so I will root for Giants instead, LOL.
    Lol, glad you will be rooting for me. The Giants have made me some nice money this year, especially at home. The bats haven't hit all year and somehow they have managed to consistently win these 3-2, 2-1, and 1-0 games with great pitching and playing for 1 run at a time. The Dodgers are a different team now, they seemed to lose motivation after jumping out to a huge lead in the NL West. That lead is slowly slipping away and they seem almost helpless. Not the same team I saw early in the year.

oda11

Very true, that is why I will most likely staying away, lol. I like the under in that game though.

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

Looks like a great card.. BOL today..

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

eye on Redbird too. You have no love for Cubbies or OVER in early game?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Goodluck pal. Im with u on the Cards ml and rl

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    eye on Redbird too. You have no love for Cubbies or OVER in early game?
    I do like the cubs in the early game to win but not at the current price we are getting. As for the over, i was actually thinking under. Cubbies have trouble scoring and i think harden will keep the reds at bay.

Gl paco nd odus.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Passed over this one first time around.

Mets/Phillies Over 8.5 (-108) (Matchbook) to win 1 Unit
    The Mets have been pathetic, they seem to be just going through the motions and struggling big time to push runs across. However, they will be up for this game. Not because it against the Phillies but because it is against Cole Hamels. Hamels could not keep his mouth shut in the off-season, anytime the Mets came up in an interview he had no problem trashing them. The Mets get fired up to face him and have hit him this year...hard. In two starts against the Mets this year he has pitched 10 innings and given up 21 hits and 8 ER. The Mets counter with Nelson Figueroa who his really hit or miss. Sometimes he pitches a gem and sometimes he gets hit hard, against the Phils I am expecting a miss. Beltran and Wright are going to be in the lineup for the Mets which gives them a bit more pop. Add that to the fact this is played at Philly (my 2nd favorite over park) and I think this one flys over in the bottom of the 6th.
    Phillies 8, Mets 5

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12500

Hope St L comes through. G/L on all.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Hey pal, i thought u said Beltran was in the line up today???

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Wow tough night. Had my brothers HS football game and then went to the bar afterwards so didn't catch any games.

Beltran had been in the lineup the past few days and they held him out for rest. Didn't think they would rest him against the Phils. If I had held out until the lineup was released I might have bought a bit back but I was gone by then. I'm a Mets fan and on the radio they hadn't mentioned any Beltran rest which they usually say in the hourly updates.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Sorry about that if it cost you money Paco.

oda11

Same here, I don't know how, but somehow managed to NOT bet the Dodgers when I previously liked them a lot.

Angels got their business done as usual, but dang the Giants.

Let's get them tomorrow!

I am leaning Cubs, Cubs/Yanks ML parlay, Braves, Dodgers. Thoughts?

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Same here, I don't know how, but somehow managed to NOT bet the Dodgers when I previously liked them a lot.

Angels got their business done as usual, but dang the Giants.

Let's get them tomorrow!

I am leaning Cubs, Cubs/Yanks ML parlay, Braves, Dodgers. Thoughts?
    I can tell you I will be oppo on Braves. Like the Cards even with Hudson at a nice price.

Cubs are expensive but I think they win, too expensive for my taste. Yanks in the ML parlay is nice. Dodgers I am again leaning Giants but will hold off unless I have a change of heart before 10pm tomorrow or the line moves and makes the Giants a decent dog.

Sanchez has been pitching well. Last two starts: 12 IP, 6 H, 17 K, 2 R. 17K!!!
    Even further back, last 7 starts: 43 IP, 27 H, 11 ER, 55 K. At home his ERA is a moderate 3.66.

Gl with everything other then Braves lol. I have my plays for tomorrow in my new thread tell me what you think always looking for input.