Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Why is Brad Lidge still closing?

Who paid off the Phils manager to keep this guy throwing? This is actually blowing my mind.

At some point you cut the chord. You hope that he can get his shit together but now it's way beyond that. Honestly, put a pitching machine in there that tops out at 80 mph and you probably have a better chance.

I can't remember a closer perform worse and still maintain his job. This has to be unprecedented.

Mind = blown.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

bout ta blow another one!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Madson get the save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panekkkk

Tight one. But the point still stands. Who in their right mind would put Lidge in again...

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Guy has got to go! If Charlie Manuel can't realize this than maybe Phillies management can.

2TURN70
    Eagles
    2TURN70's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree.... he is a laughing stock of the team

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Brad Lidge will be replaced by the post season. There is no way the Phillies can go deep in the playoffs with him at the back end.

IcE
    IcE's Avatar Become A Pro!

if he blew that game today i would have flipped

Panekkkk

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Brad Lidge will be replaced by the post season. There is no way the Phillies can go deep in the playoffs with him at the back end.
    Why are they still playing him then? There is absolutely no excuse for having him in last night. There were reports of Madson having some shoulder inflammation so they probably wanted to give Madson a rest, but still, is the Phils bullpen that weak that they have no one else to fill in?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    Why are they still playing him then? There is absolutely no excuse for having him in last night. There were reports of Madson having some shoulder inflammation so they probably wanted to give Madson a rest, but still, is the Phils bullpen that weak that they have no one else to fill in?
    Yes, that is the reason. Why they haven't acquired another arm in the bullpen is beyond me.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Hoffman was available, but I guess they didn't like the price.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPlayer View Post
    Hoffman was available, but I guess they didn't like the price.
    Or the fact it was Hoffman.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlie Manuel wants to see how many more games Lidge can **** it up

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Brad Lidge and Charlie Manuel had a meeting to discuss the struggling closer’s role with the Philadelphia Phillies. Lidge and Manuel spoke after Wednesday night’s game against Washington. The following day, the manager wouldn’t say if or when Lidge will get his job back as closer.

“We’re really on the same page with everything. We had a good talk,” Lidge said.

Lidge converted all 48 of his save chances last year, including the postseason, to help the Phillies win the World Series. This year, he has 10 blown saves in 38 opportunities.

“I see him as a closer,” Manuel said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Panekkkk

Yep ... Sad for Phillies fans and Philly backers. I am no longer betting Philly games. I've seen a few sources now that hint towards Manuel keeping Lidge in. Manuel has too big a heart and is apparently a strong loyalist. Yet another reason that old farts shouldn't manage baseball.

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

theres been at least 5 games he's lost me this year, i've torn my hair out at times, the last one tho I got lucky when Madson came in with the bases loaded and the Phils got the 6-5 win over the nats...Brad...YOUR FU*KING OUT! ~ Kenny Powers 55

Panekkkk

Hah miles I was on that one too ... that game did it for me. No more betting Phils anymore, this year, period.

Panekkkk

According to ROTOWORLD:

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel believes Brad Lidge will be able to reclaim the closer's role by the start of postseason play.
    Lidge will work in "low-stress" situations for the rest of September, leaving most of the save opportunities to Ryan Madson and Brett Myers. And if Lidge shows enough competence in his appearances down the stretch, he'll regain ninth-inning duties for October. "It'll be what it's going to be," Manuel said. "That's the way I look at it. I see where he can be our everyday closer again."

So Lidge is done, although I gaurantee Manuel will keep going back to him from time-to-time to try and get him ready for the post-season. Still not betting Phils.

AceofSP2107
    AceofSP2107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12278

i am from philly and i am about to go find brad lidge myself and make sure he doesent get to play.... hes terrible right now