BRock55
    BRock55's Avatar Become A Pro!

WBC Run Lines

Had action on the run line in Cuba (-1.5) vs. Chinese Tapei which ended 14-0 and a run-rule game. Woke up this morning to my book claiming the bet had been cancelled due to the game not being completed.

Doing some brief research looks like a number of books have specific clauses for termination due to large lead (example below). Frankly, the cancellation doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense to me but was hoping to get some color from others on whether this book (Legends) is isolated here or whether this is a more frequent (albeit illogical) condition.

Thanks.
    4.) Run Line: Bets will be settled on the official result after 9 innings (8 ½ innings if the home team is leading) including any needed extra innings.
    Early termination: if a game is terminated due to large lead, all run line bets stand (applies to World Baseball Classics, World Cup and Olympic competitions only).

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Wait what?

"Early termination: if a game is terminated due to large lead, all run line bets stand (applies to World Baseball Classics, World Cup and Olympic competitions only)."

Doesnt that mean your bet should stand? Or is that rule not from the book you placed this bet on?

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33888

I think they made a mistake. Your bet should still stand. Contact them to see whats up.

I use pinnacle and this is what is stated:
    In the case that a Run Ahead or Mercy Rule is invoked, games will be
    considered to be complete. Games wagers on runlines, totals, team totals and
    money line will have action.