Enogsiwon
    Dead
    Enogsiwon's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Kings thoughts.. 8/7

7-1 on the 6th.. Might only have a couple plays for the 7th.. But you never know.

First thing that pops out is King Felix has great #'s against the Rays..

Sea looking like a strong play..

Enogsiwon
    Dead

CK says the rays will win tomorrow, i don't see the Rays scoring more than 3 tomorrow, so I'm sticking to my Gut and taking the Mariners.

Going to take the under as a slight hedge in case CK is right.

Mariners -130

Under (7.5) +100

Enogsiwon
    Dead

The reds beat harden.. +275 .. +1.5 +125 with a total at (7).. They have nothing to lose.. Dusty comes back to the Bay Area.. For some reason I see the reds hitting a couple HRs and keeping it close. Lincecum hasn't given up a homerun at home.. This will come to an end..

Reds +1.5 +125

Over (7) -120

Enogsiwon
    Dead

The books are slacking.. I know Zambrano has been shakey.. But c'mon, Hawpe, Helton and Tulowitski are 1-27 combined off the wild man.. The cubs have too many professional hitters to get shutdown by Jimenez.

Easily the Kings play of the Day!!!

Cubs +117

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

GL great day on the 6th

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Quote Originally Posted by Enogsiwon View Post
    The books are slacking.. I know Zambrano has been shakey.. But c'mon, Hawpe, Helton and Tulowitski are 1-27 combined off the wild man.. The cubs have too many professional hitters to get shutdown by Jimenez.

Easily the Kings play of the Day!!!

Cubs +117
    The only thing I'd worry about is Z's back, which tightened in his last start. He says it's nothing to worry about, but I do wonder given his history. But the Cubs have won his last 5 starts and their bullpen is well-rested after an off day and light work on Wednesday. The Cubs defense is third-worst in the NL and at Coors Field that could be a problem. Colorado is 20-8 at home since late May, but overall I think you're right, the Cubs are rolling pretty good and when they get in a rhythm they are hard to take down, especially with Zambrano on the mound.

Can't take your Sea play since CK is hot on the Rays, but that's a creative pick with the Reds RL against Lincecum. I don't know about a couple homers, but everything points to the Reds getting shut out by Lincy and I don't see that happening either. The Reds have lost 14 of 16 and just suck, but winning their last home game and then flying out to S.F. to face the Cy Young winner (last year and probably this year, too) just might give them the motivational boost you're thinking of.

GL and keep at it.

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's right, Nickel the Rockies have no business being favored in this game. I'll take a guy that's 3-2 on streak over a guy that's 1-4 and favored. Jiminez is good, but the Rockies may be out of gas having traveled from Philly back to Colorado. The Cubs are fresher and with Ramirez in their lineup, I haven't had the stomach to fade them yet. They are a different team with him in the lineup. Cuns are gonna mob on the Rockies tonight. There were a lot of plays that looked really good tonight. I am high on the Twinkles tonight also. I have no idea why they aren't a bigger underdog than they are, so I'm gonna just go with traditional movement and bust the Twinkles out with the Rays!

Enogsiwon
    Dead

Don't know why the cubs are at +135.. guess they think Z will get lit up. I'm adding the Over (4.5) +110 on the cubs team total and here's why..

In Jimenez' last 6 starts he has faced..
    D-backs twice
    Padres
    Mets
    Reds

that lineup would make anybody look great. He'll face a real lineup today.. Let's see how good this guy really is!!

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelicious View Post
    The only thing I'd worry about is Z's back, which tightened in his last start. He says it's nothing to worry about, but I do wonder given his history.
    Damn back doomed us, enog.