fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday Value Plays

I went 1-2 -0.79 units. At least I know that I have been betting value since a lot of the games I lose come down to 1 run or two. If I keep betting like this, I am sure to make some dough.

For today:

Tigers +115: I like this play a lot. People seem to automatically jump on the Greinke train. He's good, but he isn't the entire team. True he has enjoyed success in his two starts against the Tigers this season. However, those starts were both in KC. I looked at his gamelog and noticed that teams that face him for a third time (Indians and Chisox) fare better in that third start, especially if it is at home. The Tigers are one of the best home teams around and this French kid didn't pitch too badly for someone making his first start in the metrodome. Take the better team plus money at home.

Cubs -107: I just cannot believe how much the books overvalue the Braves, especially since Chipper is taking a break this series. Cubs are a top home team with an offense. As far as I'm concerned, the Braves won the only game of the series yesterday with Vazquez on the mound. Kawakami should be a little more hittable.

This is all I like for now, I am eyeing a few more games. Maybe a shift in lines will spur a new post.

fifawcs

Adding Giants -109: I cannot believe how good this line has gotten. Don't be afraid of Fish just cuz they will be trying to avoid a sweep. They are without their only offensive unit in Hanley again today. Sadowski isn't that bad either.
    Last edited by fifawcs; 07-08-09 at 01:37 PM.

woodman663
    woodman663's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm already on two of these and also like Detroit, will decide on that one later.

louis.ana
    louis.ana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Also on Detroit Tigers +115 early in the morning, the line now is around +120. Detroit plays much better at home, as Kansas City struggles on the road. Detroits French's whip is far worse than Kansas Citys Greinke.. that would explain the plus points on Detroit.

fifawcs

Damn, another 1-2 day. I gotta be smarter. My new rule is no more teams trying to go for the sweep. I don't care how good the play looks.

louis.ana
    louis.ana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Just play dogs, if you can find any.

I'm gonna start looking into totals. After playing SBRs Tuesday Totals MLB Contest, it has got me thinking. There must be a Best Bet everyday, one total bet that has the most value.

fifawcs

Totals are alright. They have never been for me. I'm liking texas a lot tomorrow. It will probably be my only play.