matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

SF Giants +156 This is Why......

So we have the Tigers vs Giants in SF. At first Glance this looks to be a Mismatch. Tigers have been hitting better, and pitching better. Or have they. I had all day Yesterday to think about this game, as I was lying in my hospital bed Recieving treatment for my Right Antierior Labrum Surgery. I started to break down the playoffs a bit. I noticed that SF likes to fall behind early in series, and Detroit likes to Jump head early on. When i was looking at Detroit, I totally forgot about that dropped ball Coco Crisp made in Game 2 against Det. The Brutal part is, if he dosnt drop the ball, I think Oak wins the series. Both these Teams have played great up to this point in there own seperate ways. SF Has been crazy good in Elimination games, an Detroit did great in Not waking up the Sleeping Yankees. I think there is alot going for SF right now. SF came back down 0-2 in a best of 5, and down 3-1 in a best of 7. They had 6 straight elimination games. Reminds me alot of the Cardinals last year. SF thus far, has impressed me the Most. There a team that can grind out AB's, there a team full of resiliance and Dicipline. We all really havnt had a chance to see DET do this yet as there 1 must win game was pitched by Verlander. IM not taking anything away from Verlander, hes a great pitcher, but i have to say, Oak coulnt have been a better match up. Verlander against a bunch of free swinging kids in Oak.Oak wasnt good at hitting the fastball, as we saw the previous game from sherzer. Verlander was destined to dominate that game.
    Verlander pitch WELL vs the Yankees. Anybody that watched that game knew, he wasnt on. It was the Yankees who got themselves out. The Yankees were very undiciplined swinging at 3-1 counts out of the zone all night. That wasnt the yankees i remember. I think the Orioles staff put them to sleep the series befor, thus making the Yankees bats press just a bit more to get those runs there used to getting. The Tigers had almost a too easy of a time against the yankees. The Yankees showed no signs of life after game 1 and just gave the Tigers the series. I think this will hurt the tigers.

SF, just beat the Cardinals, the team with the expirience. They beat the reds, the team with one of the best offenses in the league, the giants shut that offense down in the final 3 games against both teams. Ive noticed alot of the population thinks that Det will roll over the Giants. After having a chance to watch both teams this playoffs, I think SF has the Advantage. Det hasnt had to battle from behind, Det hasnt been to the Finals with this core. DET hasnt played the playoffs from behind at all. Det had an easy go in there second round, wich may hurt them in the finals. SF is hot, and playin elimination type ball. Im not saying Det loses this series, i just think it will be a dog fight. 7 gamer maybe 6. Nothing less. Just remember befor you wager tonight. SF has been jumping to early leads, and Verlander gets excited early. Could be a recipe for disaster. I know Det dosnt hit lefties well, that is a fact. Yes they hit Sabathia well, but Sabathia is also getting Tommy john surgery in a couple weeks FYI.

Bol Guys!

Up to date record 30-15 sice 12th Sept 2012
    Points Awarded:

Fadikro gave matt1216 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

zito struggles when the ump who is behind the plate tonight umpires

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Hope you have a fast recovery from your surgery Matt

Cheers

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    So we have the Tigers vs Giants in SF. At first Glance this looks to be a Mismatch. Tigers have been hitting better, and pitching better. Or have they. I had all day Yesterday to think about this game, as I was lying in my hospital bed Recieving treatment for my Right Antierior Labrum Surgery.
    Do you do Crossfit? It seems like SLAP tears and rhabdomyolosis are the inevitable prices to pay for elite fitness.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Do you do Crossfit? It seems like SLAP tears and rhabdomyolosis are the inevitable prices to pay for elite fitness.

hey man, no i was body building for the past 5 years up until about 2 years ago. I tore my shoulder doing an overhead single dumbell tricep exercise. 8th rep in my shoulder gave way. The weight dropped, i couldnt feel my arm. It was weird it didnt hurt tho.

Over the past coule years i have lifting less weight, but higher reps. As i get older i realize wats te point of trying to get huge an strong. You just need a happy medium. I love working out but realize my strong days r behind me. Cross fit i done right, is some of the best workouts on the planet.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    Hope you have a fast recovery from your surgery Matt

Cheers
    thaks man, hopefully i recovered in time for hockey season. lets hope they figure it out.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    zito struggles when the ump who is behind the plate tonight umpires
    im not looking at Zito and the ump here, im looking at Dets road succes and there ability to hit lefties. Zito maynot like the ump but, i dont think he will have to be perfect tonight

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    Pardon the thread hijack but the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT regarding SLAPs and rhabdo. These injuries are notorious with crossfit for the simple reason that the crossfit coaches and trainers actually know very little about injury prevention. Case in point - no one in their right mind does the Olympic lifts to the point of exhaustion; the lifts are too technical. Another case in point - some people, based on their acromion/history/and other factors, should not aggressively over head press because the risk of impingement is simply to high. Another popular exercise with crossfitters is the muscle up. Again, based on an individual's shoulder anatomy and his/her history, the forward migration of the humeral head is simply too aggressive.

Crossfit only gets you good at crossfit. The fastest sprinters in the world will actually become SLOWER if they adopted crossfit. The strongest lifters in the world will actually become WEAKER if they adopt crossfit. As for rhabdo - why would anyone in his right mind do something to cannibalize his own tissues? Makes no sense unless you're in training to be a prisoner of war.

If you have already drunk the crossfit kool-aid then nothing I say will convince you otherwise. If you are on the fence, then it's in your best interest to consider what I took the trouble of posting.

Back to the post about tonight's game. Detroit is well aware of the curse regarding teams with a layoff going against teams that won in 7. And, obviously, they are aware of the momentum the Giants are riding.

I'm surprised they opened as high as they did. The Giants backers will come across as geniuses for taking a +150 dog if they win. But the fact the line isn't closer to -120 or -130 keeps me on the sidelines.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

i bought SF game 1 @ +154 yesterday. gl to us!

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post

I'm surprised they opened as high as they did. The Giants backers will come across as geniuses fMor taking a +150 dog if they win. But the fact the line isn't closer to -120 or -130 keeps me on the sidelines.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Is the line for SF too good to be true?? I do like SF, just don't know if betting +1.5 on SF is the wiser bet? Does anyone think it will be it is gonna be a close game?

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Im going GIANTS +1.5 big time and OVER 3.5 first 5 innings on a small wage.

Good luck everybody!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I started drinking the Crossfit Koolaid in January and I absolutely love it! LETS GO GIANTS! LETS GO GIANTS!

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Best of luck. My only complain is the Reds were not one of the best offenses in the league. They were a middle of the road offense. They made it because of pitching and defense and enough hitting. They hit .251 as a Team in the middle and score runs in the bottom half of the league.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Yes they hit Sabathia well, but Sabathia is also getting Tommy john surgery in a couple weeks FYI.
    Sabathia has bone spurs and is getting his elbow cleaned out NOT TOMMY JOHN! There is a big difference and he has been pithching with pain most of the year but it didn't stop him from being lights out in the post season before the other night.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

That being said I'm not betting either side but hope the Giants.

bigkahunabuz
    bigkahunabuz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I got the Giants,RL(-115).

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Sabathia has bone spurs and is getting his elbow cleaned out NOT TOMMY JOHN! There is a big difference and he has been pithching with pain most of the year but it didn't stop him from being lights out in the post season before the other night.
    my mistake, i must have misread it. I knew thre ws some issues tho

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Ummm...I agree with your giants pick, but some of your analyses is off.

"I noticed that SF likes to fall behind early in series, and Detroit likes to Jump head early on." --you can't be serious. Every team wants to take the lead early. SF does not like to fall behind early...it's just how the past two series played out.

"We all really havnt had a chance to see DET do this yet as there 1 must win game was pitched by Verlander."--umm...yes we have. Up until this point, they have shown that they can cinch down on opponents. They also were tested some when the god-awful Valverde blew a big lead and the tigers still came back. No, they haven't been tested in the same way that SF has, but they have showed signs of playing well and some grit.

"Verlander against a bunch of free swinging kids in Oak"--Oakland is not a free-swinging team. The miami marlins and NY mets represent free swinging teams. I would argue that Verlander fairs better against swing for the fences kind of teams better than he does against small-ball, more patient teams. With that being said, It's Verlander and when he's on mark, it doesn't matter what kind of club he's facing.

As stated, while I think your analyses is off, I agree that this will be a battle and I like SF to win it. Experience is big, but it's not a defining difference. There have been plenty of experienced playoff teams that couldn't win when it was thought that their experience would give them an edge. For me, the SF bullpen, scrappiness of SF's hitters, and their not having a long break, while peaking offensively in the last couple of games, indicates--at least in my mind, that they have the edge coming into tonight.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

because fukkin underdogs usually WIN

matt1216

Good luck to everyone here, im almost Certain Det dosnt show up tonight

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Ummm...I agree with your giants pick, but some of your analyses is off.

"I noticed that SF likes to fall behind early in series, and Detroit likes to Jump head early on." --you can't be serious. Every team wants to take the lead early. SF does not like to fall behind early...it's just how the past two series played out.

"We all really havnt had a chance to see DET do this yet as there 1 must win game was pitched by Verlander."--umm...yes we have. Up until this point, they have shown that they can cinch down on opponents. They also were tested some when the god-awful Valverde blew a big lead and the tigers still came back. No, they haven't been tested in the same way that SF has, but they have showed signs of playing well and some grit.

"Verlander against a bunch of free swinging kids in Oak"--Oakland is not a free-swinging team. The miami marlins and NY mets represent free swinging teams. I would argue that Verlander fairs better against swing for the fences kind of teams better than he does against small-ball, more patient teams. With that being said, It's Verlander and when he's on mark, it doesn't matter what kind of club he's facing.

As stated, while I think your analyses is off, I agree that this will be a battle and I like SF to win it. Experience is big, but it's not a defining difference. There have been plenty of experienced playoff teams that couldn't win when it was thought that their experience would give them an edge. For me, the SF bullpen, scrappiness of SF's hitters, and their not having a long break, while peaking offensively in the last couple of games, indicates--at least in my mind, that they have the edge coming into tonight.
    I didnt mean SF likes to fall behind early, it just happens is what i meant. I was getting to the point that their probably due to take like a 2-0 lead in the series.

When Valverde blew that game 1! they should have lost. The only reason why they won was because the yankees coulnt hit. Yankees fed themselves that series. COMPARED TO THE GIANTS DET really didnt have much adverisity to overcome

Oak led the league in strikeouts if im not mistaken, yes NY/MIA were not in the playoffs..... plus the young talent n Oak was very new to the situation. They had nothing to fall back on. Verlander has been there a couple times, hence right team at the right time.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Oakland is top 5 in walks. Free swinging teams don't put up those kind of numbers, especially with that lineup. They also led the league in total number of pitches thrown to. All season long, it was way obvious that they weren't free-swinging, but that they wanted to stress other teams' pitchers and take as many pitches and walks possible. Brilliant strategy on their part.

Sure, the yanks couldn't hit, but they scored 4 runs in the 9th--or was it more runs?--and tested Detroit's mettle some. The yanks' style of play and team is old and lopsided. They're about the longball and that doesn't work well in October--even in NY.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Oakland is top 5 in walks. Free swinging teams don't put up those kind of numbers, especially with that lineup. They also led the league in total number of pitches thrown to. All season long, it was way obvious that they weren't free-swinging, but that they wanted to stress other teams' pitchers and take as many pitches and walks possible. Brilliant strategy on their part.

Sure, the yanks couldn't hit, but they scored 4 runs in the 9th--or was it more runs?--and tested Detroit's mettle some. The yanks' style of play and team is old and lopsided. They're about the longball and that doesn't work well in October--even in NY.
    I totally agree with u on the Yankees. Some what on the A's as well. I just think the way SF had to battle, it will make them the stronger team in the end

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

thaks man, hopefully i recovered in time for hockey season. lets hope they figure it out.
    BoL Matt
    You'll be fine

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    BoL Matt
    You'll be fine
    lol a, probably wont be a hockey season

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Your posts remind me of someone taking high doses of narcotics. Never gamble or cap while taking narcotics.

Good luck

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    Your posts remind me of someone taking high doses of narcotics. Never gamble or cap while taking narcotics.

Good luck
    yup, im on some Narcotics, but i have been watching baseball all year. I was on SF befor my Surgery, i still think SF will win game 1

matt1216

4-0 SF lets keep it up boys!!!!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

141949773-1 10/24/12 6:59pm $70.00 $63.64 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 901 Detroit Tigers/San Francisco Giants Over 6½ -110* (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)
    141949749-1 10/24/12 6:59pm $70.00 $80.50 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 902 San Francisco Giants Over 3 +115* vs Detroit Tigers (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)
    141898114-1 10/24/12 12:48am $70.00 $108.50 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 902 San Francisco Giants +155* vs Detroit Tigers (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)

I with you here Matt, hoping for a sweep!

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    141949773-1 10/24/12 6:59pm $70.00 $63.64 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 901 Detroit Tigers/San Francisco Giants Over 6½ -110* (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)
    141949749-1 10/24/12 6:59pm $70.00 $80.50 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 902 San Francisco Giants Over 3 +115* vs Detroit Tigers (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)
    141898114-1 10/24/12 12:48am $70.00 $108.50 Pending 10/24/12 8:05pm MLB Baseball 902 San Francisco Giants +155* vs Detroit Tigers (J Verlander - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)

I with you here Matt, hoping for a sweep!

fckin rights man, there was alot doubting me cuz im on meds... i literally had 9 hours to think about this game yesterday

hope hitem bud!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

fckin rights man, there was alot doubting me cuz im on meds... i literally had 9 hours to think about this game yesterday

hope hitem bud!
    Thanks man, you generally have some solid, and intuitive picks, you deserve the credit. Unlike so many on here are willing to give such.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by altieriflyers View Post
    Im going GIANTS +1.5 big time and OVER 3.5 first 5 innings on a small wage.

Good luck everybody!
    Sweet!

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Thanks man, you generally have some solid, and intuitive picks, you deserve the credit. Unlike so many on here are willing to give such.
    thanks man, i think long and hard about these!

matt1216

For some reason i saw SF winning game 1 the min they beat ST Louis

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

nice call. was totally wrong

12 Last