jomar
    jomar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball betting question

I normally don't bet baseball but figured I'd lay some money down on a game here or there in the WS. Anyway, I bet on the Cards in Game 4 on Wednesday, which was obviously rained out and played yesterday. I just noticed today that they cancelled my wager since the game was moved back a day.

Is this the norm? I was expecting to have a winning bet but they gave me a PUSH. makes no sense to me as I bet on Game 4, does it matter what day game 4 is played on?

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Yes it is normel if a game is rained out you have to rebet the game the day the new line comes out

jomar

damn, I wonder why that is.

thanks

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Quote Originally Posted by jomar
    damn, I wonder why that is.

thanks
    Baseball lines are mostly made up by pitching matchups although there was no change in last nights game but alot of times there is. Tonight game is now Weaver and Verlander I see the line at Detroit-127. When it was Ryes and Verlander I saw the at a PK.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Think of it this way if detroit had won then you went to your account and seen the original sum you would be damn happy to find out bets cancel for baseball rain delay. Plus although you didn't win at least you didn't lose.

jomar

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    Baseball lines are mostly made up by pitching matchups although there was no change in last nights game but alot of times there is. Tonight game is now Weaver and Verlander I see the line at Detroit-127. When it was Ryes and Verlander I saw the at a PK.
    thats the thing. I used the 'action' option, which I thought meant that if the pitching matchups changed, they'd adjust the line and let me know but my wager was still active. the pitching matchup didn't change anyway so you'd think the odds would still be the same.

anyway, if this is the norm, then its the norm, next time I'll know.

AC1318, if Detroit would have won, I would have gladly taken the loss. the only reason I bet St Louis is because I am a die-hard Tiger fan and had a feeling they'd lose this game. it was only to make the loss a little easier to take, so to speak. Stupid, I know, but I'd gladly pay a few hundred $$$$ to see my Tigers win a World Series.