Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

The Rounders Thread

Ok, gonna use this one thread from now to post my picks for the rest of the season and will keep tally starting from now. Hopefully this will help me keep disciplined and stop backing stupid crap just for action.

(All plays will be 1 unit on the dogs, and to win 1 unit on anything on the juice side of the line)

Yankees @ Braves Over 9.5 -105 (1.05u to win 1u)
    Wang is just terrible still and cannot be taken seriously as a pitcher, his last start was semi-decent but that was against the Nationals so it doesnt count lol. Hanson has done well but I think this is a good spot for the Yankees to get the offense rolling, hoping the kids nerves will be a factor against the "powerful" Yankees.

Tampa Bay Rays RL +120 (1u to win 1.20u)
    Going against the ice cold Phillies here, and probably will do until they learn to hit. They dont hit that well against Lefties anyway and Price has been solid for the Rays. Think the Rays are different gravy with the bats at home and will tee off on Philly here.

Royals @ Astros Over 8.5 +110 (1u to win 1.10u)
    Greinke has been regressing slightly lately after a ridiculous start, he was poor against the DBacks last time out and has an ERA of nearly 6 in his last 3 outings. Ortiz has done good but this dude is a gascan and is no way a 3.6 ERA pitcher. The Astros bats have been alright lately and im hoping they can scratch some runs off Greinke to take this over.

Rangers @ Dbacks Under 9.0 +100 (1u to win 1u)
    Both of these offense are ice cold baby, colder than a beer thats been in the fridge for 3 weeks. Max Scherzer goes for Arizona and he's starting to live up to his potential and has been lights out in his last few starts. Harrison for Texas aint been all that good but the Dbacks struggle against lefties and (as i mentioned somewhere earlier in the season) they have a knack of making pitchers they've never seen before look like cy young candidates.

Detroit Tigers -122 (1.22u to win 1u)
    Still not taking the Cubs seriously as an offensive team. Zambrano has done the business on the road but Edwin Jackson on the other side has been even better this season. The Cubs aint gonna win if they cant hit, and the Tigers have been red hot with the timber. The "big Z" loses his cool when he gives up runs because he knows the level of suck he gets in run support. Fully expecting this to continue this evening.

Good Luck to all this evening

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Good value picks as usual Squirrel, I like them. How you doing overall? You will have to keep track of your stats, you got off to a hot start I remember. GL tonight.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Good value picks as usual Squirrel, I like them. How you doing overall? You will have to keep track of your stats, you got off to a hot start I remember. GL tonight.
    I'm up a little bit on the year, but i'm finding I keep getting bitten by action punts so i'm hoping to keep track of everything in this thread until the end of the season.

I need to try and get away from the bad days where for some reason I would try and run the card and lose anything i've made. This thread is going to help me stay disciplined

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Disaster last night, 1-4 with a 3.05u loss. Oh well, todays another day, lets get 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indians @ Pirates Over 9.5 +114 (1u to win 1.14u)
    The Indians are one of the best road hitting teams in the league and they also love to face lefties. Both these pitchers have struggled lately and the real Carl Pavano seems to have appeared with an ERA over 7 in his last 3 outings. Neither bullpen is all that good so that should help.

Philadelphia Phillies +155 (1u to win 1.55u)
    Went the other way on this one last night and ran into a Phillies line up that seemed mighty pissed off. They seem to have Tampas number going back to the world series and came out last night seemingly intent on busting out of their slump. A 10 run defeat is always demoralising for a home team and I think the Phillies win here again. Blanton has been steadily improving and actually has better numbers than Garza in their last 3 outings.

Thats all I got. Good Luck to all

Raynor21
    Cle/Ari Under
    Raynor21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Spot on with Indians/Pirates, if the over was a point lower, I'd take it.

Good Luck tonight.