It was the 7th inning and I had a bad feeling about how the game was going to end. Having had to work early this morning, I decided to call it a night almost ready to wake up seeing my bet on the Nationals as a loss.

Low and behold, a 4 run 9th inning costs me the loss.

There are a few things that really make this loss sting:
1) Nationals were up 6 - 0 with Gio Gonzalez on the mound. How, with such a big lead, do you walk 3 in an inning to give up runs??

2) Drew Storen, after giving up a lead-off double, gets two outs with not a single run in. You cannot pitch in the bigs being afraid of wood; but he walks the next two and the rest is history

3) Anyone on the Cardinals' alternate run-line must be elated; down 6 - 0 nothing and yet you cash the -1.5 on the Cardinals

4) Why bring in Edwin Jackson?? Your bullpen has been solid all year and you turn to this clown who got rocked a few days back??

This is a tough loss to handle to the point I want to just say f it all and go all in on the first game on the board. But, in terms of gambling, its one loss and it's time to move on and be smart. Get them next time. I just wish I was ever on a team who makes such a big comeback.