justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    10* Detroit to end the Yankee misery... +110

How in the world could any team, like the phillies or even Boston pass up the opportunity to have A-Rod on their team for a few years. At a cost of less than 7.5 million per year and with the Yankees picking up 87 to 100 million of the remaining contract? There is NO downside to that trade. If he stinks, he gets released.. Both teams could use a third baseman.. even an over the top.. Trump hated one. just FYI.
    please please do not send him to Boston

alexknyc
    alexknyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17998

Last night:

10* Detroit WIN

Totals: 13-9 (+59 units)

John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Just so the word is out from me first, I have resigned from writing articles for SBRforum.com. It had nothing to do with the rough ride I have endured in terms of wins and losses, but rather the huge amount of time I have given and just cannot continue to give to the production of articles. Many of you experienced the great seasons of the past few years, so hopefully this is a blip on the screen and with the added time I can do better research in handicapping games and finding complete wagering opportunities in all major sports.

I have enjoyed writing them, but find that I have several opportunities before me that I simply need time to devote to. I do hope to continue these threads and provide videos with Peter Loshak indefinitely. Peter is the best!

I will also be redeploying my own personal site: johnryansports.com, which will have links to SBRForum as well. This site will provide you with handicapping stats, data, facts, and fantasy football ideas that you are more than welcome to share on these threads too.

Thanks for all of your loyal support and contributions.

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Just so the word is out from me first, I have resigned from writing articles for SBRforum.com. It had nothing to do with the rough ride I have endured in terms of wins and losses, but rather the huge amount of time I have given and just cannot continue to give to the production of articles. Many of you experienced the great seasons of the past few years, so hopefully this is a blip on the screen and with the added time I can do better research in handicapping games and finding complete wagering opportunities in all major sports.

I have enjoyed writing them, but find that I have several opportunities before me that I simply need time to devote to. I do hope to continue these threads and provide videos with Peter Loshak indefinitely. Peter is the best!

I will also be redeploying my own personal site: johnryansports.com, which will have links to SBRForum as well. This site will provide you with handicapping stats, data, facts, and fantasy football ideas that you are more than welcome to share on these threads too.

Thanks for all of your loyal support and contributions.

so no play today?????????

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

thx for your time and effort gl

Sacdaddy05
    Sacdaddy05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2610

Thanks

Thanks for all your useful info! I will still follow you!!!

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by justwinthisone View Post
    so no play today?????????
    there was no plat yesterday (Sunday), but there was not one that I would advise betting. Not because of the writing resignation. From this point forward we will continue to run threads, but research on my games will appear here - just like the past three years. I am going to have links between SBRFORUM and my site anyway... but the focus will be here.. so I am drawing and encouraging more people that visit my site to come here and join the thread.
    Last edited by shari91; 10-22-12 at 06:46 AM. Reason: removed link

John Ryan

The Giants had a lot of imperfect choices to consider as they lined up their rotation for the World Series. Ryan Vogelsong, their most effective pitcher right now, couldn't pitch in either of the first two games unless he was brought back on short rest, and Matt Cain-- whose stuff is flat -- is not available until Game 4. So the Giants decided to start Bumgarner in Game 2, despite the fact that his mechanics have been a problem and he's allowed 15 hits, 10 earned runs and three homers this postseason. The Giants' staff believes that they've been able to pinpoint a mechanical issue with Bumgarner, and that in his side work, they've made his delivery more compact. That's their hope, anyway. And they like having Tim Lincecum coming out of the bullpen, a role in which Lincecum has thrived in the playoffs, perhaps because there is no mental preparation required; the phone rings and within 10 minutes, Lincecum is in the game.

So the Giants are scrambling. The Tigers, on the other hand, are all lined up and rested and ready to go, with Verlander, Doug Fister, Anibal Sanchez and Max Sherzer On paper, it's seemingly a big advantage for Detroit, BUT they will must win Game 1. Otherwise the tables can turn quickly in favor of the Giants.

I like the UNDER in Game 1 lined at 6 1/2 -110

Verlander was shaky in his last start and the Yankees offense could not get to him - nor did they get to anyone. POint being that the YAnkees had a great opportunity to get to him and failed knowing he was laboring with Control. He rarely has two straight starts with poor control and he won't tonighjt.

alexknyc
    alexknyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17998

The Giants had a lot of imperfect choices to consider as they lined up their rotation for the World Series. Ryan Vogelsong, their most effective pitcher right now, couldn't pitch in either of the first two games unless he was brought back on short rest, and Matt Cain-- whose stuff is flat -- is not available until Game 4. So the Giants decided to start Bumgarner in Game 2, despite the fact that his mechanics have been a problem and he's allowed 15 hits, 10 earned runs and three homers this postseason. The Giants' staff believes that they've been able to pinpoint a mechanical issue with Bumgarner, and that in his side work, they've made his delivery more compact. That's their hope, anyway. And they like having Tim Lincecum coming out of the bullpen, a role in which Lincecum has thrived in the playoffs, perhaps because there is no mental preparation required; the phone rings and within 10 minutes, Lincecum is in the game.

So the Giants are scrambling. The Tigers, on the other hand, are all lined up and rested and ready to go, with Verlander, Doug Fister, Anibal Sanchez and Max Sherzer On paper, it's seemingly a big advantage for Detroit, BUT they will must win Game 1. Otherwise the tables can turn quickly in favor of the Giants.

I like the UNDER in Game 1 lined at 6 1/2 -110

Verlander was shaky in his last start and the Yankees offense could not get to him - nor did they get to anyone. POint being that the YAnkees had a great opportunity to get to him and failed knowing he was laboring with Control. He rarely has two straight starts with poor control and he won't tonighjt.
    Since almost all your other baseball playoffs bets have been 10*, I'll grade this one the same.

10* SF/DET Under 6.5 LOSS

YTD:

20* 0-1 -26 units
    10* 13-7 +87.50 units
    5* 0-2 -13.50 units

Total 13-10 +48 Units

First 12