bsutphi
    bsutphi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Braves vs. Cardinals Friday 5:07 pm EST

Some are calling this a revenge game since the Cards outlasted the Braves last year for the Wild Card in route to a World Series title. Red hot Kris Medlin gets the start for the Braves and Kyle Lohse, who is having a career year, will get the start for the Cardinals. The Braves have dominated in the 6 head-to-head meetings this year, going 5-1. Lohse gave up 5 earned runs in 5 innings in his only start vs. ATL.

Kris Medlin has pitched lights out since joining the Braves starting rotation. He is 9-0 with a 0.97 ERA as a starter. On top of that, the Braves have won 23 straight games when Medlin has started dating back to last season. This stat is simply unheard of. The Cardinals have a good lineup and an above-average rotation, although I'd give the slight edge to the Braves in both of those categories. There is no question that the Braves have the better bullpen with the 3-headed monster of O' Flaherty, Venters and Kimbrell all healthy. I don't see how you bet against the Braves in this one. I have to go Atlanta in in a 4-2 or 5-3 type game.

Atlanta -163

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

As a huge Braves fan, I hope you are right. However, I think the Braves are slightly overvalued. Medlen has been great, no question, but he has been showing signs of coming back to earth in his past 2 or 3 starts. His strikeouts have been down and guys are starting to put the ball in play with authority. Not to mention the Braves offense has been suspect at best. To me, its STL or no play with this juice.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Could not agree more. Way too much juice here. STL or no play. BOL

Dillonious Monk
    Dillonious Monk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3839

Don't agree with your assessment that braves have better line up. STL have several guys with 20+ home runs, they have a really good avg and on base % as a team and do pretty good with RISP. Although it was possibly a bit better when Berkman was healthy and Furcal was healthy and doing good, Jay is a very solid lead off hitther and Matt Carpenter fills in pretty well for Berkmann. We're going to need a good game out of Beltran and Freese though imo. If we can get some good at bats from those guys, its Cards' game to lose imo. They have been off and on this year though, hopefully they can dial in now that it's the post season.

Hopefully Lohse can do about what he's been doing all year long...will be a great game that the Cards are very capable of winning if he does.

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

game is blackout on mlb.tv . This is stupid