No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I know Banker will disapprove, but

I'm taking the Cardinals over the Braves (I saw he thinks his squad is one and done, and judging by my MLB picks this year, he probably sees this as the final nail in the coffin).

Just too good to pass up.

I know some of you see Medlen at "only" -163 at home given he's won like a million starts in a row and think there are benefits to taking Atlanta, but I don't see them. This is a franchise that loves to choke in the postseason and while Medlen has been Houdini for the entire second half, he's also never experienced this kind of pressure. Cardinals are the defending champs, on the road, with nothing to lose. Lohse will do his job. These guys are professional winners, even without some of the vital cogs that won them the World Series a year ago. The Braves haven't proven anything.

I'll wait because the number will probably improve. Also leaning Rangers at - whatever over the O's.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I just posted something similar in a different thread. To me, the Braves at -163 is them being overvalued. For the reasons you mention and the fact that the Braves offense is terribly inconsistent, I like STL at the current price. This coming from a Braves fan. Probably go small on the Cards ML to at least have a small bit of consolation if the Braves do lose.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post
    I just posted something similar in a different thread. To me, the Braves at -163 is them being overvalued. For the reasons you mention and the fact that the Braves offense is terribly inconsistent, I like STL at the current price. This coming from a Braves fan. Probably go small on the Cards ML to at least have a small bit of consolation if the Braves do lose.
    I'm not 100% convinced that the Cardinals will win -- far from it. I'm just saying from a betting standpoint, I think the advantage is taking StL instead of the other way around (which seems to be a popular sentiment right now).

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I'm not 100% convinced that the Cardinals will win -- far from it. I'm just saying from a betting standpoint, I think the advantage is taking StL instead of the other way around (which seems to be a popular sentiment right now).
    Agreed. The Braves should win, but I can't lay that kind of juice.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Medlen gonna shake like a leaf....STL with Lohse @ +170....All DAy.....might even -1 +240 it

PaperTrail07

Lohse is on point, this this is over.....they obv know this spot..Freese and Deslacso will all the sudden be $

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braves do have some scary good pitching

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

braves bullpen is scary good and with medlen starting I'm not sure If I can bet against them here

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post

Braves offnse inconsistant???? dude St louis offense is evn more inconsistant. BUD NORRIS(houston Astros) threw up a 3 hitter against them 2 weeks ago Lmfao

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

its a suckers bet, they want stlouis backers. the square play is the right play here. Braves ML

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

It is a 8 inning game if the Braves are up. Braves closer is LIGHTS OUT. Lohse just got touched up by the Nats his last time out. Medlen simply does not give up runs. The only chance St. Louis has is jumping out in front early and I just don't see that happening. The Cards will utilize a lot of their bull pen in this game. Lohse will get the hook as soon as he gives up a run or two. Then they go the pen which isn't that great. Atlanta wins big here.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm really just a spot bettor in MLB, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but the Braves win this game.

ATL -1 (-119) x1.5

PaperTrail07

people are banking the fact that MEDLEN will go scoreless...Stl goes up 2-0 it wont be that easy to chase them down either

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i mean i dont really disapprove, i do think atl wins but i think this price out of whack so i cant blame you for playing cards.... i would have made atl-140ish so i guess value with cards, i tend to think it fake value like so many times this yr but hope im wrong...

beltran a shell of himself, holliday back is hurting worse than he saying and he really struggling getting around on fastball, freese just back, think he hit ball well last series and he streaky and this his time so maybe he carries team....i dont trust loshe in a playoff gm, think he will give you a solid 5 but not sure matheney has the courage to yank him after 5 if he doing well, if pen not up and ready by time bourne comes up for 3rd at bat it lights out..cards pen much improved but it still adv atl there atl has owned cards this yr and truth be told they kind of owe us one (or other way around) for last yr collapse,,should have started waino and id prob be singing different tune but they did not...Loshe would get his dollars seriously up with big time performance here so there always that, not sure if that good or bad thing but worth mentioning... i hope im wrong but this team just doesnt seem to have what last years did (dont mean poopholes) just that thing, like winning when it close, something they have failed to do all yr, if it a 1run gm either way late they will lose....there is a lot of pressure on a kid that hasnt ever lost maybe he not ready for it? im not betting cause line to steep and rather just root for cards anyways...you know i hope you cash!

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lohse horrible in the postseason... mediocre on the road... good luck trusting him in a one game playoff on the road.

2daBank

the other game i love the O's, they gonna get a home playoff series! plus hamilton and ron ron have visions of crack rock dancing in their heads, doubt they want a long playoff run getting in the way of that..
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Broke dikk Landers just picked Braves and rangers

Cards have life!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Lohse horrible in the postseason... mediocre on the road... good luck trusting him in a one game playoff on the road.
    As opposed to trusting a rookie pitcher and a franchise that has a penchant for choking in the playoffs at -175?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Took no score first inning, feeling square as a book, probably should toss out my ticket now

PaperTrail07

2da bank..holiday is having trouble with the fastball...but he is sitting breaking and had a few good at bats VS the reds....I think he is capable of doing well tonight...I think the cards are gonna bring the heat

PaperTrail07

Just remember...this rookie in a 1 game playoff is a lock ....pfff...he knows this is the only game people(for the most part) will remember and it has to feel like his 1st start again...prob shaking like a leaf

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Medlen isn't a rookie.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I like the "other" square play better -- the under

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

The braves on paper own the matchups in this game. The cards are coming in to this game with poor recent form. However, the cards have that "it". They have winners that know how to win. I love my braves but they lack winners. Braves should win but I will not be surprised if cards find a way to get it done.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Most braves players do not succeed or overcome adversity well. I hope I am wrong today.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    2da bank..holiday is having trouble with the fastball...but he is sitting breaking and had a few good at bats VS the reds....I think he is capable of doing well tonight...I think the cards are gonna bring the heat

i hope so brother, i by no means want stl to lose...dont get me wrong at -140 or less i would have played bravos but this line so stupid im tempted to play cards but just gonna watch....

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

I think playing both dogs is a good way to go today so thats what I did. Just have to think one of these dogs will bite

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Took no score first inning, feeling square as a book, probably should toss out my ticket now
    Nice hit.

If the Cards win, I'm done for the day. If they lose, I'll go one unit more on the O's than I did on the Cards.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I went lite on Card TT o 3 (+105) and Cards ML (+160).

I don't like betting on my favorite teams but at +160 you gotta be kidding me. The Cardinals are defending World Champs and have one of, if not the best lineup in baseball.

Atlanta chokes and as good as Medlen has been, he hasn't pitched in the post-season. On the other side, St. Louis is experienced and has won two championships in six years.

Atlanta should have been a slight favorite but to lay that kind of juice in this type of situation is just plain stupid regardless if it wins or not.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Most braves players do not succeed or overcome adversity well. I hope I am wrong today.
    man bro you aint lying this team bunch of choke artist...im happy but feel bad for braves fans....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Braves are who we thought they were BigD.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    man bro you aint lying this team bunch of choke artist...im happy but feel bad for braves fans....
    This game is what makes me hesitate about backing Baltimore -- as much as I'd love to see them win.

Postseason is a different beast. Cards know that. Rangers know that. Can't simulate it.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Braves are who we thought they were BigD.
    Yep. They blew a 10 game lead in the final month last year and people were quick to lay all that juice against an experienced Cardinals team that won't die.

Since I went small on my team, they will probably hold on. However, had I gone big, you can bet your bottom dollar they would still somehow lose.

I'm content with them just advancing.

BigDofBA

I might take Texas -1.

The post-season is a different beast. The Balty magic ends in Texas tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I might take Texas -1.

The post-season is a different beast. The Balty magic ends in Texas tonight.
    Like I said, I'd love to take the O's. But when Joe Saunders gives up a 5 spot in the second inning, I'd be cursing at myself.

I'll just pass and let my big Cardinal bet be the end of my night.

12 Last