cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Crumbs Paper Bag Plays and Leans for Thursday 6/11/09

Today's Paper Bag Play (Lunchtime Play) is on the Red Birds. They are the superior team and it will show now that the wood is hot. Miller is an enigmatic underacheiver. Wellemeyer is a class pitcher and a gamer.

Anyway the breakdown will come tomorrow for the games.

Red Birds+100 HEAVY Paper Bag Play
    D-Backs-1.5 +135 Paper Bag Play (Scherzer is lights out)
    Twins-105 Paper Bag Play (The Twins are hot the A's are not)
    Yanks-1.5 +110 The streak ends today
    Mets-110*

I will have my breakdown available in the morning. I already put in my HEAVY play on the Red Birds at +100. I love even money wagers.

*Also i am looking at the movement on the Mets overnight as well. They have the potential to be a bigger play if the bats are correct.
    Last edited by cocknocker; 06-11-09 at 09:35 AM.

JayRow
    JayRow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4973

CK, What do you think about Greinke and KC at -135?

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Jay Row...The Indians are trash this season and will be hurting without Sizemore and Cabrera on the field. I think Greinke's a good choice tomorrow...he got lit up in his last start and it wont happen again, especially not against a dreadful Indians team. Throw on the fact that Sowers is awful, and I think -135 is a gift on this one.

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

What up!... I love Paper Bag Plays!!!LOL

okie dokie...
    Booked:

Seattle +140
    Seattle -1.5 +210

Atlanta -1.5 +130

Cleveland +115
    Cleveland -1.5 +230
    (I'll take the home dog in a divsion rivalry coming off a loss... and pitchers are like teams.. after a streak of goodness is broken with badness... they many times follow up another badness..lol...you know what i mean)

GL homies!!

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

DET/CWS under 9

Good luck!

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Scherzer is far from lights out, especially at home... 8 ERA or something. SF might make a run here. Probably not tho

cocknocker

Right Panekkk, but this is one of those games where you have to ask yourself, "If Vegas were to make a ton of money on this game, what would have to happen? We have a consensus of

Giants +1.5 96%
    D-Backs-1.5 4%
    Giants ML 42%
    D-Backs 58%

So if the D-Backs were to beat the Giants by more than 1 run, Vegas would clean up on this game. And these are CURRENT consensus numbers too. I think that it is safe to say that I have lined up with the minority side of this game (4% of bettors on D-Backs -1.5), and that means that I am placing my money where the books money is.

And on another note, I never use ERA numbers. They are VERY misleading about how a pitcher competes.

Panekkkk

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Right Panekkk, but this is one of those games where you have to ask yourself, "If Vegas were to make a ton of money on this game, what would have to happen? We have a consensus of

Giants +1.5 96%
    D-Backs-1.5 4%
    Giants ML 42%
    D-Backs 58%

So if the D-Backs were to beat the Giants by more than 1 run, Vegas would clean up on this game. And these are CURRENT consensus numbers too. I think that it is safe to say that I have lined up with the minority side of this game (4% of bettors on D-Backs -1.5), and that means that I am placing my money where the books money is.

And on another note, I never use ERA numbers. They are VERY misleading about how a pitcher competes.
    His WHIP is 1.70 BAA .308 at home. His WHIP is 2.065 in his last two home starts. But I do like your analysis his numbers just scare me. Thanks for the breakdown

Panekkkk

Any leans on the Cubs / Stros game? I'm liking the Cubbies alot. Not the best value though

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by JayRow View Post
    CK, What do you think about Greinke and KC at -135?

It's a very public play, but it's a very strong one. I don't like to go over -135 vigorish, and in this case he is on the road. KC does have all of the ingredients and advantages that I look for in one of my plays, but the Indians were shut out yesterday, and the game has the look of Chicken Dinner. The public is all over the Royals with 80% of the consensus in their favor. If I were to play this game, I would have to take the Royals-1.5, as I don't think it's a good idea to pay that kind of vigorish for a road team. I just can't do it....

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

blue jays +147 play of the day

jellobiafra

Anybody else like Lannan at a pretty fair price to salvage a game vs Owings and the Reds? I like Lannan and I don't like Owings. The more I think about this, the more it seems like the best play on the board to me.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Went with:

Cardinals ML HEAVY

Detroit ML
    Detroit/Chicago Under 8.5
    Minnesota ML

jellobiafra

It's a very public play, but it's a very strong one. I don't like to go over -135 vigorish, and in this case he is on the road. KC does have all of the ingredients and advantages that I look for in one of my plays, but the Indians were shut out yesterday, and the game has the look of Chicken Dinner. The public is all over the Royals with 80% of the consensus in their favor. If I were to play this game, I would have to take the Royals-1.5, as I don't think it's a good idea to pay that kind of vigorish for a road team. I just can't do it....
    I just threw a tiny bit at a 2-teamer with KC and WAS. Pays about 2-1. What the hell, right?

cocknocker

WHIP

STL 1.57
    FLO 1.47

Advantage Florida

Power ranking

STL-135
    FLO+135

Line

STL+104
    FLO-112

Advantage Red Birds as Florida is a false favorite. The line is now STL-105/FLO-115

Slugging% last 3 games

STL .450
    FLO .423

Advantage Red Birds

Bullpen WHIP last 3 games

STL 1.967
    FLO 1.220

Advantage Florida

My pick: Red Birds+100 (Played last night) HEAVY The Red Birds are a superior team over the Marlins and it will show again today. Wellemeyer is a gamer and he will keep the Red Birds in the game. Miller is overrated and doesn't have that many innings underneath his belt this year. He is not ready to face a hot hitting Red Birds lineup.
    **************************************** **************************************** *

WHIP

MIN 1.32
    OAK 1.40

Advantage Twins

Power ranking

MIN -110
    OAK+110

Line

MIN+106
    OAK-108

Advantage Twins as there is a false favorite in this game.

Slugging% last 3 games

MIN .426
    OAK .269

Advantage Twins HEAVY

Bullpen WHIP Last 3 Games

MIN 0.864
    OAK 1.975

Advantage Twins

My pick: Twins+100 The only reason it's not HEAVY is because the Twins are ahead in this series already. I will play it cool knowing that this is a long baseball season.

**************************************** **************************************** *

WHIP

SFO 1.67
    ARI 1.43

Advantage D-Backs

Power ranking

SFO +147
    ARI -147

Line

SFO+144
    ARI-152

Advantage D-Backs as the line was spot on. I alread ytouched on the consensus numbers. No need to go over them again.

Slugging% Last 3 Games

SFO .426
    ARI .323

Advantage Giants

SFO 0.870
    ARI 1.087

Advantage Giants

My pick: D-Backs-1.5 +135 The D-Backs are favored by this much out of nowhere. The public doesn't buy it and they are playing the Giants+1.5 at an alarming rate (96%). A lot of advantages for the Giants in this game except one. The element of surprise: the power of the books to know what the public doesn't know.

WHIP

NYY 1.13
    BOS 1.60

Advantage Yanks

Power ranking

NYY-160
    BOS+160

Line

NYY-150
    BOS+136

Advantage Yanks as for once this season they are slightly undervalued. They will always be a very publiclay so I disregard consensus numbers when wagering on the Yankees. If you are waiting for them to be a minority on a wager, you might as well quit wagering on baseball. It ain't happenin'. They have a fan base a moon long.

Slugging% Last 3 games

NYY .467
    BOS .500

Advantage Boston

NYY 0.985
    BOS 1.099

Advantage Yanks

My pick: Yanks-1.5 +110

WHIP

PHI 1.51
    MET 1.74

Advantage Phillies

Power ranking

PHI+104
    MET-104

Line

PHI-110
    MET+102

Advantage Mets as the wrong team is favored. With only 42% of bettors on their side the Mets are holding their own and keeping the line in their favor pushing this game to a -110 affair.

Slugging% last 3 games

PHI .518
    MET 479

Advantage Phillies

PHI 1.230
    MET 1.000

My pick: Mets-110 of course. It is obvious that there is something up with this game, so I will take the fishy team that is holding their own despite the odds.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    Anybody else like Lannan at a pretty fair price to salvage a game vs Owings and the Reds? I like Lannan and I don't like Owings. The more I think about this, the more it seems like the best play on the board to me.
    Yeah Owings sucks. Im not sure why we have not sent him back down to AAA. Once Volquez is back, he will be sent down b/c Maloney the rookie had an outstanding game against the cubs in his MLB debut. Owings is the walk king.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    Any leans on the Cubs / Stros game? I'm liking the Cubbies alot. Not the best value though

Don't touch games with pitching changes overnight. You never know what you're going to get. I wanted to play Scott Richmond pitching for the Blue Jays today, but he ws pushed back due to the rain-out yesterday in Texas. So I am laying off of that game altogether, you underdig? The Cubs may come out and dominate, but it is kind of hard to handicap a game with a pitching change overnight

waiverwire
    waiverwire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 767

Really weak Marlins lineup today: http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/lineup.pl

hockeytown71
    hockeytown71's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about the Tigers! Ernest Jackson has been virtually unhittable as of late and it's basically a pk. Look at his whip in his last 3 (.69) and on the road (.90). This is all while pitching damn near complete games. The guy is a horse who goes deep into ballgames. I have to think the Tigers ml is a solid play today. As well as a smaller play on Under 8.5.

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

My book shows the cards as a ML fav at -120 but the runline is +1.5 -240. this seems strange to me.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

phillth
    not at all...bc STL opened as the dog...so the RL is correct

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

My plays for today so far:

Early Games.(BOOKED)

Palehose PK (12x)

Later Games. Note: If my early game cashes I will play them 2x each.If not 5x each.

Snakes -1.5 +140 Tailing CK.

Yanks -1.5 +110 Tailing CK.

Twinkies -110 Tailing CK.

GL all.

Panekkkk

Cards not looking good early and FLA with their weak lineup are starting to get to Welly!

melincrea
    melincrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    Cards not looking good early and FLA with their weak lineup are starting to get to Welly!
    Yeah.. 3-1 early in the game, at 7-3 in hits.. not looking good at all.

cocknocker

C'mon Red Birdies! Time for some runs!

melincrea
    melincrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

C'mon Red Birdies! Time for some runs!
    Agreed.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

andrew miller of a sudden is un hittable geezz... everytime i tail the heavy plays.....

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    phillth
    not at all...bc STL opened as the dog...so the RL is correct
    Dont think they opened as a dog, i got them 901 St Louis Cardinals +113 on the overnght

edit, obviously im tired.....
    Last edited by El Sol; 06-11-09 at 12:31 PM.

cocknocker

Money is burning! Somebody please call the fire department!

cocknocker

And no one is warming up in the bullpen. Time for an early shot of whiskey

wangichu
    wangichu's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have to beg to differ with you. The A's won 7 straight prior to getting hit by the twinkies. They were very hot going into this series, i really expect them to bounce back and even it up. Haven't committed moneywise though.

Like the cards, debating on the mets.

have to like santana on the road getting plus money still. He came through for me against verlander and the angels are really coming around as a team. Meanwhile, until david price proves he can pitch past 5 innings i have to consider him an appropriate fade materia.

LAA ML

Panekkkk

Florida have 10 hits with a soft lineup going tonight to the Cards 3 (all in the first inning). This looks over

STL might be able to claw back but their hitting has been horrendous. Yesterday seemed somewhat of a fluke. A lot of runs scored on errors etc.

thegenix
    thegenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Cards blowing it.

cocknocker

In between innings here in the 6th no one is warming up. Wellemeyer is coming out for more punishment in the 7th. Money is roasting.

thegenix
    thegenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

In between innings here in the 6th no one is warming up. Wellemeyer is coming out for more punishment in the 7th. Money is roasting.
    Agh. They need to get him the hell out of there!

1234 ... Last