BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Who should be AL MVP?

The NL race seems more up for grab. I think Braun is best player but politics will give it to Posey.

Anyway, for the AL, it is more clear cut. I think the answer is pretty obvious. Can anyone make a case for anyone other than Mike Trout? Should not they just give it to him now?

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

if metrics guys or GMs are voting, it would be trout in a landslide. but with so many baseball writers old school guys, it will be an interesting test case to see how many voters have moved on from old baseball to the new value players are measured by.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Mike Trout is Rookie of the Year.

Miguel Cabrera is by far right now in MVP drivers seat. It is his to lose.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Deuce = square. Old fashion guy who is into counting statistics and "gut feelings."

In all seriousness though, this is a major major test to see whether the "traditionalists" are going to win or the "metric" guys have made enough inroads in the baseball world. In a way, this MVP vote is a proxy battle for the baseball paradigm moving forward. In the past, Greinke and Hernandez won the Cy Young, so you would have to think that Trout wins the MVP even if Cabrera gets the triple crown.

The reality is, that if you combined Cabrera and Josh Hamilton together, you still would not get 1 Mike Trout. Trout is just that much better. I don't think the average fan has any understanding just how good Mike Trout is. Basically this should be a landslide.

If I am setting odds, the true line is like Trout -1000. The actual line is more like Trout -140 to win the AL MVP.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I agree with Miggy Cabrerra!

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I'll take your line. my 100 points to 1000 for you. You take Trout, I take anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Deuce = square. Old fashion guy who is into counting statistics and "gut feelings."

In all seriousness though, this is a major major test to see whether the "traditionalists" are going to win or the "metric" guys have made enough inroads in the baseball world. In a way, this MVP vote is a proxy battle for the baseball paradigm moving forward. In the past, Greinke and Hernandez won the Cy Young, so you would have to think that Trout wins the MVP even if Cabrera gets the triple crown.

The reality is, that if you combined Cabrera and Josh Hamilton together, you still would not get 1 Mike Trout. Trout is just that much better. I don't think the average fan has any understanding just how good Mike Trout is. Basically this should be a landslide.

If I am setting odds, the true line is like Trout -1000. The actual line is more like Trout -140 to win the AL MVP.

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Duece you could not be more wrong. Hand it to Trout now

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

trout has a way better supporting cast than miggy. miggy is carrying the team even tho they wont make playoffs

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

every one knows how much I like Trout as baseball player but there is absolutely no doubt it is Miguel Cabrera. when you are 1 HR away from the lead from the triple crown, that says it all

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post

that is absolutely absurd. do you know actually understand the concept of how hard winning the triple crown would is these days???????????

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Big angels and trout fan but unfortunately it's going to Cabrera.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

triple crown is an amazing feat but it does not necessarily mean you are valuable. you could hit all of your hr's when your team is down 10 runs or up 10 runs. there is far more to it than hitting as well.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Lol triple crown is biggest possible feat. Who the fukk is mike trout?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Trout is first in runs, steals, and defense and has good triple crown numbers too.

dodger33
    Kershnasty

It's all about advanced stats now. Trout kills it in WAR

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Miguel crabrera mofo ..

Idiotic question

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    triple crown is an amazing feat but it does not necessarily mean you are valuable. you could hit all of your hr's when your team is down 10 runs or up 10 runs. there is far more to it than hitting as well.
    Valuable??? Really doesnt mean that?

Tell me how many players have hit for the triple crown ???

Ur a fckn idiot bro .. Just like ur thread on the angels winning the division ... Go to the rx and post your idiotic comments there

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

if someone wins the triple crown you should give them the mvp. come on, no one hits the triple crown anymore, ever. 1967 was last time
    Last edited by face; 09-20-12 at 03:03 AM.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    if someone wins the triple crown you should give them the mvp. come on, no one hits the triple crown anymore, ever. 1967 was last time

Exactly my point uo yhere ^^^^ ... Guys a fckn loser

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Miguel Cabrera hardest hitter to pitch against

nl- Ryan Braun-not even close

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Mike Trout...easy

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

you guys are forgetting that miggy is horrible defensively and trout is already the best center fielder in the game

they are on two opposite ends of the spectrum there

also miggy is slow as hell running the bases which is why he leads the AL in GIDP'S

where is trout might be the fastest player in baseball and has like 40 steals

if trout hit 3rd for the whole year trouts numbers would be a lot different

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Trout is EASILY A.L M.V.P. Lol @ anybody thinking its anybody but Trout. There's no comparison. Obviously he's the A.L rookie of the year.

I think Harper should get NL rookie of the year. Yah, Frazier did his thing but he's slumping at the WRONG time and Bryce is on fire.

N.L MVP? Braun or La Roche

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Trout has the potential to be... The best player to ever play the game. He's not playing over his head right now. This is what he does and he's gonna get better. The guy didn't start till April 16 and he leads the league in Runs, SB's, hits for average, best center fielder, and I mean... Wtf do you want? Cabrera has a good batting average. There are way too many other attributes that Trout excels in. It's not even close.

Disko808
    Disko808's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trout is the fkn man! most entertaining player to watch in the boring sport of baseball

You mad bro

Miguel cabrera ... Mike trout is good but u literally cant pitch around miggy .. Hits all fields with the same power and triple crown capable .... Enough said

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cabrera

If Trout gets it a racial award

Guy is not even close to a big timer yet

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    you guys are forgetting that miggy is horrible defensively and trout is already the best center fielder in the game

they are on two opposite ends of the spectrum there

also miggy is slow as hell running the bases which is why he leads the AL in GIDP'S

where is trout might be the fastest player in baseball and has like 40 steals

if trout hit 3rd for the whole year trouts numbers would be a lot different
    Miguel isnt that bad defensively ....

U put trout third in the angels lineup and no one is capable of hittin in front of him anyway

Not the fastest in the league ... His teamate bourjos, gardner, reyes, elsbury(when healthy) all faster than trout

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just because Trouts make a few catches over the wall you cannot give him mvp

His numbers not even close to mvp numbers

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Just because Trouts make a few catches over the wall you cannot give him mvp

His numbers not even close to mvp numbers
    Wise man

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Cabrera by far....

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Nobody is going to argue that Trout is the better defensive player. Cabrera isnt even a "good" 3rd baseman. The team sacrifices his lack of defense for his bat.

Trout leads the league in Runs and stolen bases. Cabrera obviously has hit more bombs and has more RIBs but Trouts a lead off guy. That's not necessarily his role. It's to get on base and get home and nobody does it better. 59 more @ bats then Trout. I don't talk about "if" he hit clean up and "if" he played the whole season. Look @ what both these guys have done and for me personally I think Trout takes it. Cabrera's lack of defense hurts his case.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Honestly, it's close. I thought it was Trout 100% but looking at the numbers... It's hard. Two totally different players. I think we can all agree that they're two bad mother fukkers.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

cabrerea hands down
    trout isnt even best player on his own team, angels dont even rely on him as much, angels have a STACKED LINEUP pujols and trumbo are having Monster Years also angels are 3rd in the division while tigers are only 2 games out of the division trout is just a rookie writers will make him wait a couple times, like when pujols got 2nd to bonds all those years even though EVERYONE KNEW bonds was using and they gave him the award anyways

12 Last