Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Buddy, did you just compare Trumbo to Trout? You're kidding me, right? He's hitting .260...

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

no i said that since trumbo has over 30 hrs which is still a good season trout has a better supporting cast.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Oh, who do you think is the best player on the Angels? Pujols? I'm not knocking you. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    this here just proves the point that cabrera deserves it

i know trout had 60 less at bats ... but lets say he had the same

u figure maybe he would have 20-30 more rbis and 5 more home runs?

he would still not even be close to cabreras power numbers and also his average might drop a lil more due to a higher at bat number

cabrera has 14 more home runs ... 53 more rbis ....

and im tired of telling everyone this also, cabrera isnt a 3rd baseman . he came up as an outfielder... got fat ... became a first baseman ... he never was able to play 3rd base even in the minors .. he sucked at it... moving from first to third is probably one of the most difficult defensive change in baseball ...

ALSO A BIG KEY

cabrera : 570 at bats and only 89 strike outs
    trout: 511 at bats and has 121 strike outs

MIGUEL CABRERA ... needs 2 home runs to take over the full lead in the home run spot to be in the lead for a triple crown ... i think the last 1 to do this offensively was in 1967 i believe ... it is so dificult ... hands down miguel deserves the MVP award

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Yah, but considering Trout is a lead off hitter he has a lot of at bats without r.I.s.p. Cabrera does. They have about the same number of hits... It kind of explains itself.

But really it's not about what ifs and would of could of should id's. It's about what's happened this year. I personally think that Trout is a much better all around player. There's nothing he can't do. Where as Cabrera is not gonna steal a base, he's not gonna be a great defensive player, but he will tattoo a ball. I can understand how it would be hard not to give a guy the MVP if he gets the Triple Crown.

You mad bro

Yah, but considering Trout is a lead off hitter he has a lot of at bats without r.I.s.p. Cabrera does. They have about the same number of hits... It kind of explains itself.

But really it's not about what ifs and would of could of should id's. It's about what's happened this year. I personally think that Trout is a much better all around player. There's nothing he can't do. Where as Cabrera is not gonna steal a base, he's not gonna be a great defensive player, but he will tattoo a ball. I can understand how it would be hard not to give a guy the MVP if he gets the Triple Crown.

i agree overall wise trout has more talent ...

think of this though .. imagine if miguel didnt play in a pitchers ballpark and he played somewhere like colorado or texas or even yankee stadium ...

average at least 50 home runs a year lmfao

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Imagine if he played at Wrigley on a windy day. The total would be 30 every game. Hahaha.

You mad bro

Imagine if he played at Wrigley on a windy day. The total would be 30 every game. Hahaha.

yeah he loves detroit .. idk why that place is a shit hole ... but anyway respect the man for doing what he does best .. only better 3rd baseman overall wise would probably be beltre ... but still cant take him over miggy

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

i was just saw an article about how trout was in trouble losing it for a lack of offense around him (?) like Ellsbury last year. Im having trouble finding that now, and I just kinda flipped over it so Im lacking my info, clearly.. anyway...
    There is no "HANDS DOWN" in this debate and i keep seeing it a lot. Both players have a legitimate shot, it would jsut suck to see the boy from NJ lose it to a tequila drunk mexican. lol. jk.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Look at Cabreras numbers and like mentioned earlier he would most likely average 10-15 more HR's a year had he not played at Comerica Park or with Florida. He gets pitched around at times even with Fielder behind him because they will just put a lefty in to face Fielder in the later innings. Not to mention Cabrera hits even better after the 7th inning (clutch). Cabrera was just coming around as a top 3-5 defensive 1B until he let Fielder take over and lost a bunch of weight and moved over to 3rd base. The only other player even close to Cabrera is Pujols. Trout is still TBD. Obviously it appears he will be the man for many years to come but ya never know...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Ask yourself a very simple question. If Cabrera was the same age as Trout and in his rookie year, and he put up the same exact numbers as Trout is this year, and same defense and everything else, who would you rather have?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Yah, honestly before this thread I thought there was just no comparison. Trout should get the MVP. Now I'm not so sure.

I will say this though. Neither team has earned a playoff spot yet and if one guy starts slumping and his team doesn't get in, and one guy gets hot and his team makes it, the guy with the hot bat in October deserves the MVP.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Cabrera 10 fold

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Yah, honestly before this thread I thought there was just no comparison. Trout should get the MVP. Now I'm not so sure.

I will say this though. Neither team has earned a playoff spot yet and if one guy starts slumping and his team doesn't get in, and one guy gets hot and his team makes it, the guy with the hot bat in October deserves the MVP.
    This is utter nonsense what you are saying.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Ask yourself a very simple question. If Cabrera was the same age as Trout and in his rookie year, and he put up the same exact numbers as Trout is this year, and same defense and everything else, who would you rather have?
    No, sir. This is utter nonsense. It's not a "if" contest. IF Miggy, IF Miggy that... It's not your Fantasy MLB team. It's what's happened and what happens within the next month.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Look, Man. You and I are on the same team. I still think Trout deserves it I just think that there's room for argument.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Miguel Cabrera is on pace to capture the Triple Crown.. It's not like he just gets left out of the conversation.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

The utter nonsense part is for basing your mvp vote on which player has his team in the playoffs.

And really there is no room for debate. One player is a better offensive player, one player is a better baserunner, and one player is a better defender. Seems pretty clear cut to me. No? The other player just happen to be leading in archaic stats categories that are no longer relevant for evaluating player's in today's game.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

We see eye to eye on Trout being the MVP but I don't know how you can say that if I base PART of my vote on who gets his team into the playoffs as being utter nonsense yet you use hypothetical scenarios as validation.

Let's quit while were ahead. Trout for MVP!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

First 12