SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Cards & Mets Over 7½

Cards & Mets Over 7½

Game Time: 10/13/2006 8:05:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

After a pitchers duel in Game 1 of the NLCS, look for Game 2 between the Cardinals and Mets to provide more offense.

In Game #1 of this series, a 2-0 Mets victory, both teams' bats were basically shut down. We think they come alive tonight.

Mets' starter John Maine hasn't pitched since the 4th of October, so we expect him to be a little rusty. In his one start this year versus the Cardinals, he allowed seven runs in just five innings of work.

Cardinals pitcher Chris Carpenter has been lights out lately, especially in the playoffs. But the Mets have a very potent lineup and we expect New York to get their share of runs as well. Carpenter hasn't been nearly as effective on the road this season, posting an ERA of 4.70.

The 7½ posted total is a very low total for two offenses of this caliber, so we're gonna take a shot at the over at a very nice plus-price.

Play: Cardinals-Mets Over 7½ (+105)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see both these pitchers pitching a classic pitchers dual in tonights game myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The public loves the under and I agree with the forum staff here. The over is a solid play tonight.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

WInd blowing out, and Speizio for Rolen help the over, but I do not like betting them at all let alone playoffs

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Over looking good at the moment - another terrible 1st innings for Carpenter.