scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do u guys think of pads?

any shot? price seems high to me

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

It does seem a little high. However, Carpenter has a high degree of volatility, and his performance factors into the final outcome much more than most pitchers. He has a high likelihood of having a 0 or 1 run outing, and also a higher than normal likelihood of having a mediocre outing for someone of his caliber. If he has a 0 or 1 run outing, St. Louis' likelihood of a win goes through the roof. If he doesn't, St. Louis goes down to big underdog status. But the line right now says St. Louis has a 64% chance of winning, and we see Carpenter's likelihood of a dominant start as significantly higher than that, so we'll take St. Louis here.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it all could depend on how Larussa will protect Pulojs in that lineup against Peavy. That is probably one of the big keys to capping this game IMO

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

They actually have Woody Williams going tonight, Peavey tomorrow -- not that that is nearly as big of a downgrade as it might seem.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Williams has been real solid recently so I see great value with San Diego tonight.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Damn, Carpenter's a bit volatile today.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I noticed that too Taco.

As I was telling owned earlier in another thread. Watch Carpenter's pitch count very closely if your live betting wagering.