CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

8/21 MLB - Thoughts?

I know Felix is an elite pitcher but -200 is a lot even for the Mariners. You think with the Indians losers of six straight and the Mariners on fire + Felix coming off a perfect game everyone will be pounding them. Also, first 34,000 in attendance receive a t-shirt so it will be a solid crowd. You think anyone has the balls to play the Indians?

When was the last time Romero was +194? Interesting.

NYY +106 just begging you to take the Yankees in this spot.

Thoughts?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I always fade a pitcher coming off a perfect game, but backing Fausto and the reeling Tribe doesn't really appeal to me.

Yanks line says it all, even though I try to avoid Liriano games.

Feldman -190 seems nuts, but Tillman blows.

Hochevar at +233 is kind of intriguing, but Price is simply elite and I don't know about fading him either.

Looks like Lee and the Phils are a play, given Pinny's line vs. Bodog's right now.

Braves at +150 perhaps?

I don't know. Nothing really stands out to me Canuck.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Tough to take Seattle after the perfect game and -200 is a hell no so taking the rl would be the only option to kill the juice if you think the Mariners can win by at least 2 in this spot. Yanks def. looks like a trap for sure at that price. Give me Tigers -1.5 against Romero all day long!

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I'm liking SD again. Watched the last time Burnett and Marquis faced each other and Marquis threw a 1 hitter or 2 hitter... Burnett just looked horrible that game. SD at plus money looking really good right now.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

I'll take the Yanks at + money against a guy with a 1.45 WHIP and a 5+ era

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    I'm liking SD again. Watched the last time Burnett and Marquis faced each other and Marquis threw a 1 hitter or 2 hitter... Burnett just looked horrible that game. SD at plus money looking really good right now.
    Probably worth a shot. Only home dog on the entire board.

A lot of bad/lopsided pitching matchups.

CanuckG

One of these -200 favs will lose....may take Indians +1.5 and ML.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I'm looking for a good under bet too... I'm liking Cards and Stros... Wainwright and Harrel. He's an Astro but the guy can pitch. Wainwright shouldn't have much trouble against Stros offense. I'm also thinking about a 3 way heavy juice parlay and making a relatively big bet on a bunch of -200s pays pretty well... Especially if you take them down to -1 and get some run support. I did it Saturday and hit. Price would make the cut because of the TB hot bats.
    Last edited by Mantle7; 08-21-12 at 01:22 AM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

SF, and cinci first glance

Scuba Gooding Jr
    Scuba Gooding Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil/Cin O 8, Yanks

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Guys please dont get suckered into cliff lee again

Over in arizona i like. Dont bet overs too often but this one im feeling...Angels bosox over 45 runs as well

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Guys please dont get suckered into cliff lee again

Over in arizona i like. Dont bet overs too often but this one im feeling...Angels bosox over 45 runs as well
    A strategy that worked wonders last year was to fade a team that was out of playoff contention after they won a game by more than 2 runs. I don't have the official numbers, but it was at least +20 units.

Why? Because the bats are used up, and they won't put in the energy to sweep a team (sweeping a team is hard, at least it used to be). They'll just win enough to have the fans come back.

This system hasn't worked too good this year, especially with Phillies who are streaky as fukk, but I may give it another try, especially for the ludicrous prices Lee, Hamels, and Halladay bring.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I always fade a pitcher coming off a perfect game, but backing Fausto and the reeling Tribe doesn't really appeal to me.

Yanks line says it all, even though I try to avoid Liriano games.

Feldman -190 seems nuts, but Tillman blows.

Hochevar at +233 is kind of intriguing, but Price is simply elite and I don't know about fading him either.

Looks like Lee and the Phils are a play, given Pinny's line vs. Bodog's right now.

Braves at +150 perhaps?

I don't know. Nothing really stands out to me Canuck.
    i agree, i had done some research off guys pitcing a perfect game/no hitter their next starts combined somethin like 5 ERA

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im all for fading guys off a perfecto but god the tribe stink and the guy taking the mound for them is so bad he changed his name in hopes of ppl not knowing who he is... i think if you wanna fade felix here you do it by playing tribe team total over (id assume you get plus money on 3) and take carmona or whatever the fukk his name is these days out of the equation.....

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    im all for fading guys off a perfecto but god the tribe stink and the guy taking the mound for them is so bad he changed his name in hopes of ppl not knowing who he is... i think if you wanna fade felix here you do it by playing tribe team total over (id assume you get plus money on 3) and take carmona or whatever the fukk his name is these days out of the equation.....
    yes a "very wise man" Team total is what you take here. Cleveland is done. seattle 12-1 at home on recent homestand

CanuckG

Very interesting.