Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

MLB 8/17 Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees

OVER 9½ RUNS

Gonna be an exciting weekend at NY! NY Yanks will host Boston Red Sox at Bronx in a 3-game series..

In opening game, Red Sox will have F. Morales on the mound while Bronx Bombers will give the ball to Phil "Gascan" Hughes.

Red Sox Starter

At first glance, Franklin Morales' stats look impressive. Keeping opponents at . 209 Batting Average, 1. 16 WHIP and 3. 29 ERA. However, his 0. 73 GO/AO ratio is scary specially in a hitter-friendly ballpark like Yanks Stadium. His potential flyout balls may turn into homeruns in this stadium.

Morales met Yanks 3 times so far this season, 2 times as a reliever and once as a starter. His starter performance was not really good; allowing 6 hits and 6 runs in 3.1 innings.

In last 10 games, Morales pitched above 5 Innings only 3 times. He pitched 7 innings only once so far this season and it was against second worst hitting team in Major League; Seattle Mariners! (.230 BA)

Red Sox Bullpen

If Yanks don't lit him up early, we may expect Morales to pitch 5 or maximum 6 innings in this game. It means, Boston relievers will get the ball for 4 or 3 innings.. and Red Sox bullpen sucks. A great bonus for our Over bet!

Let's get to Phil Hughes and Yanks relievers..

Yanks Pitching Staff

Phil Hughes was dreadful in his recent 3 outings, posting a 2. 02 WHIP and 7. 53 ERA. Not surprisingly, Over was 3-0 in his last 3 starts.

Yanks bullpen gave up 6 runs last night versus Texas Rangers..

Hitting & Offence

Red Sox have best 6th offence in league with . 268 batting average while Yanks are 7th with . 267. When it comes to OPS, Yanks are best in league with . 796!

Yanks are also Homerun leader in league with 181 homeruns..

Head to Head

Over is 7-2-1 in the last 10 meetings in New York and 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. In addition, Over is 4-0 in Hughes' last 4 starts vs. Red Sox.

Red Sox vs Yanks Series means fireworks. Expecting another high scoring game in this game. Total is 9½, sounds good to me.

Good luck!

Pick: Over 9½ -105 @ Pinnacle

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

nice pic

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

All those stats mean shit. Watch Hughes throw a gem, and the Yank bats take a day off. Coin flip.

Sawyer

Stats can be misleading sometimes, that's why I said Morales' numbers are not realistic. However, I don't think over is a coin flip here, of course every result is possible but I see a nice value on Over here. Over has %61.33 chance to hit according to my calculations/estimations.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Boston could cover the over themselves with the way Hughes has been throwing

Sawyer

Over hits in 7th inning!