Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE urging you to keep doing something that is causing you stress and not working out. YOu have two options in my opinion:

1) Abandon gambling altogether*
    2) Abandon using money. Sports gambling rapidly uses up two resources, your 'Time' and your 'Money'. If you are losing, then it will end life as you know it, a) ecause you are not making gains elsewhere, and b) are suddenly not able to meet your needs financially.

If you are really interested in sports gambling, but can't afford to lose anymore.. then stop using money until you figure it out. When you were learning to drive... where did the instructor take you? on the quiet little back roads.. or did you begin on the freeway..?

Take the quiet back roads until you can pick 8-out-of-10 winners. Two times in-a-row.
    When you can pick 16 of 20, then you are safe to drive. Until then, you will be a miserable danger to everything except the bookies bank accounts.*

Good Luck.. and ignore the tough guys...
    it wasn't the tough guys who built the Atom Bomb, or the rockets that got us to the moon.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Your mind is set that you will lose when you place a wager. This starts a chain reaction of decisions that turn this negative thought into a self-fulfilling prophesy.

No one wins every bet he places. It's how you respond to the losses that separates you from the 95% that can't succeed and the 5% that can.

Every god damn time I go to the gym, I see these a55hats just throwing weights around for hours on end. And it's -100,000 that these idiots will look and perform the same 3-6 months down the road. You know why that is? They fail to understand that there must be a reason for why they have chosen a particular exercise. They fail to perform the exercise in a correct manner. They use too much weight. And they fail to realize that, once you have broken down the muscle fibers, they must rest and eat properly in order to grow.

By the same token, degens fail to understand why they have chosen a particular side or total. They place too much of their br on a single event (when we know anything can happen even in the best-capped games). And they fail to learn from a loss and go right back to doing the same fukking thing.

Sports bettors, which I consider myself to be a member of, have a clear understanding of why they're taking a side or total. They allocate just enough of their br so a single loss isn't catastrophic. And when - not if - but when they lose, they take take that loss and make the necessary adjustments and preparations to grow stronger from it. Like the successful guy in the gym, the successful guy at the books knows the tearing down process is part of the game.

I've been grinding out an average of +2 to +3 units per week with this mindset. The books know that most people lack the patience, discipline, and work ethic. This is why they win in the long run. And this is why only a very few can actually beat the books in the long run.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 08-07-12 at 12:47 PM.

First 12