goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

2 things i learned in the twins/A's game

Luis Castillo is just looking to walk and seems afraid to swing the bat

Eric Chavez can be struck out all game with a high fast ball

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I learned that Tory Hunter can't field at all despite all those gold gloves he has

How could you take a chance like that when there was really no risk of the guy scoring at all. STUPID...STUPID...STUPID...

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I learned that Tory Hunter can't field at all despite all those gold gloves he has

How could you take a chance like that when there was really no risk of the guy scoring at all. STUPID...STUPID...STUPID...

Absolutely bonehead play...
    The Twinkies are done...
    And so is Hunter in Minnesota...

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    And so is Hunter in Minnesota...
    Would not be so sure. Team will need to decide about his option year, but they were leaning in favor of picking it up and I'd be surprised if yesterday clinches it either way.

Plus, take it from someone who has observed this, with astonishment, up close for several years -- it is not possible to understimate the absolute, complete, and total incapacity of Minnesota sports fans to call for anyone's head, ever, under any circumstances.

Glen Taylor, Kevin McHale, Glen Mason, etc. The market has the longest average tenure of managers, coaches -- and any other sports authority figure or hero -- bar none.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear you JE, you might be right...
    But Minny fans werent too happy when Hunter publicly said that he would not take less money from the Twins to stay there...

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

True.

Although unhappy Minnesotans just pinch their lips a little tighter.

They don't actually say anything.

In my MN years I badly missed the wise-guy east coast (and CHI and SoCal) mindset, as you might be able to tell.