BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Monday Mourning

Monday was another perfect example as to why this business is so damn hard and frustrating. I did about everything wrong a guy could do and that's why I'm headed back to class after flunking Sports Betting 101.

You can do everything right: discipline, patience, money management, line shopping, homework, etc. You can do ALL of that and still lose.

You can do a few of the six things on that list and you WILL lose. If you ignore ALL of the items on my list you will lose BIG.

My advice to me is the same advice a manager gives to a pitcher in a jam: "If your going to lose, lose with your best stuff"!

Don't follow, Don't fade. Stick to your constituion. If you lose (and you are going to lose) make the loss your own and the win your own. Be a leader and not a follower. Before placing that bet ask yourself this: Have I done everything possible I can do and have I looked at all the available options on this play?.

Once you've assured yourself that you haven't overlooked a step in the process...exhale. Don't regret making the play. Regret making the play only if you didn't give yourself every opportunity to win.
    Last edited by BobHarvey; 05-12-09 at 01:45 AM.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Bob, we all go through stretches like this where we experience highs and lows.

Keep your head up and get'em back tomorrow.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Bob, we all go through stretches like this where we experience highs and lows.

Keep your head up and get'em back tomorrow.
    Thanks Kid I appreciate it.