Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playoff Capping and Discussions: Wednesday October 4th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Assuming they follow the same rotation they normally use, Kerwin Danley should be behind the plate in today's A's-Twins matchup in Minnesota.

Danley was 17-17 Over/Under this year, but shifted more towards the Over towards the end with seven of his last games behind the plate exceeding posted totals. The average total in those eight games was 9.25, with the actual runs scored in those contests averaging out to 13.375. He worked one game at the Metrodome this season (Jun 27) and that one went over with Derek Lowe and Francisco Liriano the starting hurlers.

Willie Bee

Detrot at New York

Laz Diaz should be the plate umpire in tonight's Tigers-Yankees matchup in the Bronx. He was the most profitable 'under ump' this year, with the Under coming in at a 22-12-1 mark for his 35 plate games.

However, the Over came in for three of his final four contests.

He worked one game at The Stadium this year (June 23) and the over sneaked in for a Marlins-Yankees meeting. Diaz worked a game in which Tigers starter Justin Verlander pitched (June 1), and the over cashed in that one as well with Chien-Ming Wang and the Yanks serving as Detroit's opposition.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Laz Diaz should be the plate umpire in tonight's Tigers-Yankees matchup in the Bronx. He was the most profitable 'under ump' this year, with the Under coming in at a 22-12-1 mark for his 35 plate games.

However, the Over came in for three of his final four contests.

He worked one game at The Stadium this year (June 23) and the over sneaked in for a Marlins-Yankees meeting. Diaz worked a game in which Tigers starter Justin Verlander pitched (June 1), and the over cashed in that one as well with Chien-Ming Wang and the Yanks serving as Detroit's opposition.
    Little worried about Verlander's possible dead arm by betting the under tonight. In fact, I'm passing on all 3 games today. Would love to bet Oakland and I know Loaiza's been throwing well the 2H, but will just cheer for them and for my pending futures.

Willie Bee

Diaz worked just one Astros game that I saw this year back in mid-July, and the notes I made on him for that day were that he seemed to have a more liberal strike zone early in the game than late in the game. That could benefit Verlander and Mussina early on.

Willie Bee

Another great game in Minnesota going on...

Cuddyer and Morneau go back-to-back off Oakland starter Esteban Loaiza to start bottom of the sixth and tie the game 2-2. Nothing better than a good, close afternoon playoff game

moses millsap

Mark Kotsay Inside the Park

Willie Bee

Amazing! The most exciting play in baseball.

I'd have stuck with Neshek then and saved Reyes for the next inning or so when Chavez was up or to turn Swisher around. Hindsight...

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, you guys are so lucky...
    I want to watch every single playoff game but I cant...
    Damn Job!!!
    I plan on watching a part of the Mets game... and the Yankees...
    Anyway just wanted to express my friendly-hate...

Willie Bee

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Anyway just wanted to express my friendly-hate...
    Understood.

Well, A's take it 5-2, got to hand it to them going into Minnesota and winning both games. Street labored a bit in the bottom of the ninth for Oakland, so we'll see how that plays out rest of series (that may only last one more game).

Hindsight, but a bad decision by Hunter to go for that catch on Kotsay's single-turned-homer.

Good game nonetheless.

moses millsap

Maybe people will soon realize that Oakland is a one hell of a team. They may not have the big names or the flash, but they've been getting it done over the course of the year, and that's the bottom line.

moses millsap

That play and Kotsay's inside the park HR will be #1 and #2 top plays on Sportscenter tonight. Great baserunning by the stache, Jeff Kent. LOL.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Don't sweat it, dog, it really only means something when your team makes it!!
    neener neener hehehe.
    I'm just playin, your Braves sure had a sick run.
    Glad your boys gave mine a chance at post-season glory for once.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    Don't sweat it, dog, it really only means something when your team makes it!!
    neener neener hehehe.
    I'm just playin, your Braves sure had a sick run.
    Glad your boys gave mine a chance at post-season glory for once.
    No hurt feelings **...
    But you know Im so used to the Braves being knocked in the first round that Im used to watching October baseball without them being involved...
    I love baseball, I love October...
    And I'll always find someone to root for...
    This year, Im rooting for the Dodgers and the Cardinals... or Padres... Yankees, As, Twins, or Tigers

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

i'm a mutts guy, so include my 2nd (sometimes first) favorite team is whoever is playin the Yankees
    I have noticed, though, that it's not as fun as it used to be after their melt-down against the Red Sox..
    Plus with Cano batting 9th, lol... Ugh... I don't even want to watch them.
    Cmon, baby, get on the NL East wagon!

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

one prop i love is no score in the 1st inning of games, for -110 or -120. I think it's been 5-0 so far in the playoffs with teams tight in game 1 and 2.