DaProfessor23
    DaProfessor23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Manny being Manny???

Manny ramirez just got suspended for 50 games for testing positive to a drug related to steriod use . wow how does everyone feel about this?

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

What happens to the Dodger wagers that were placed before the Manny saga?

JIMMYG13
    JIMMYG13's Avatar Become A Pro!

theres alot more big names out there!!! just dont know if they r dumb enough to still be doing it!!!!

xxdjstriderxx
    xxdjstriderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

its sad that at the height of a all time record breaking moment that it has to be shadowed by this news

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Supposedly, it's not steroids. The drug he tested positive is used for sexual enhancement.

nchi
    nchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

why manny why?!?!?!?!

nchi
    nchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

its a fertility drug used to cycle off steroids

cohen59
    cohen59's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Supposedly, it's not steroids. The drug he tested positive is used for sexual enhancement.
    Means that it increases your testosterone levels!!

DaProfessor23

Quote Originally Posted by cohen59 View Post
    Means that it increases your testosterone levels!!
    it is a female joint enhancement** i believe that is what they said on espn [ not 100% on that term tho] what it does [ according to what i heard on espn ] it is used when coming off a steriod cycle to bring your testosterone back to a certain level. it is usually used by a steriod taker or someone that is coming back from a injury and needs a boost. if he was not taking any type of steriods [ im considering this because he never tested positive] then he was using this to boost his testosterone levels. he claims his physician perscribed this to him knowing it was not a steriod and had no idea it was banned from use in mlb. i do not believe he was using this because of steriod use . i think it was a honest mistake he and his physician made. BUT i think he rightfully got suspended . when more news comes out i will update this thread asap!

DaProfessor23

Dr.gary wadler just stated on espn that the drug is used to counter-effect some of the side effects of taking steriods [ loss of sperm was the only one i caught, could not hear any other ones]. also manny has been tested 15 times in the past few years for any drugs and never tested positive.

twister
    twister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some people are so gullible.

If he was honest, do you think he is going to risk $50m to not make ONE phonecall. You guys realise that the MLB has a hotline, that ANY PLAYER can call ANYDAY and have absolutely any drug checked against the banned list.

Also, just by doing this puts all liability on the MLB IF it actually ends up being a banned substance.

It is more likely he knew EXACTLY what he was taking, and had no reason to check with the MLB banned substance list because he damn well knew it was banned.

DaProfessor23

Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post

Some people are so gullible.

If he was honest, do you think he is going to risk $50m to not make ONE phonecall. You guys realise that the MLB has a hotline, that ANY PLAYER can call ANYDAY and have absolutely any drug checked against the banned list.

Also, just by doing this puts all liability on the MLB IF it actually ends up being a banned substance.

It is more likely he knew EXACTLY what he was taking, and had no reason to check with the MLB banned substance list because he damn well knew it was banned.
    He also knows he gets checked . so if he knew it was banned he knew he was going to get caught . but either way stupid on his part.

twister
    twister's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DaProfessor23 View Post
    He also knows he gets checked . so if he knew it was banned he knew he was going to get caught . but either way stupid on his part.
    That's the thing. I bet he didn't think he would get caught because it would be one of those "undetectable" substances. I highly doubt that MLB are going to promote their testing methods. They tell you what is banned and what isn't; if you are stupid enough to risk taking an "undetectable" substance, well guess what? It ain't so undetectable any more.

In all honesty, I don't even think there should be an "ban" on steriods. They aren't magic. They don't give you skill, talent, mental aptitude to perform - they also don't magically pile on muscle. You still need to eat a perfect diet (especially to make the most out of the steriods), have an excellent, consistant workout. Steriods reduce your requirement for rest, but that is about it. Steriods aren't going to turn your regular joe into an MLB player. Hell, I doubt it would take them to AA.

Anyway, if all batters took steriods, maybe "overs" would start to hit more often.

patsfan2727
    patsfan2727's Avatar Become A Pro!

He knew it was a banned substance definitely, because earlier on this season he tested positive for the same substance. He was told that he needed to retest, and months later he tested positive again. If you really think it was an innocent mistake, you probably also think OJ didn't do it.