SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Russel Joseph: Cards Keep It Going Vs Brewers

Cards Keep It Going Vs Brewers

Game Time: 9/28/2006 8:10:00 PM
    By: Russel Joseph
    http://www.procappers.com

After halting their 7-game losing streak last night, look for the Cardinals to get another win tonight at home vs. the Brewers.

The Milwaukee Brewers have stunk on the road all season long, now just 25-51 thus far, but the team is really in a road funk as of late. Forget the fact the Brewers are just 16-37 over their last 53 on the road, this team is currently 0-4 over their last four straight on the road. The Brewers don't just lose on the road, they get CRUSHED.

Soak in the fact this team has allowed 17 runs over their last two games, both road games, and a staggering 31 runs over their last four road games combined.

Keep this in mind too, players, the four losses we are discussing here came equally: Two against Washington and back-to-back losses against the Cubs, neither of which would be considered serious competition on the best of nights this year. With virtually no defensive strategy and a terrible effort on the road overall, the Brewers go down hard and fast here.

The St. Louis Cardinals have long been one of baseball's most successful home teams, and this year is no different with the team holding a 46-29 mark on this field. The Cardinals are 15-6 over their last 21 home games. This team knows how to use the crowd in their favor extremely well.

St. Louis has been dominating this series for some time now; the balance is clearly in the Cardinals favor. The Cards are 2-0 their last two straight hosting the Brewers, and they gave up just four runs over that time. The Cardinals have held the Brewers to a total of just 11 runs over their last five meetings with Milwaukee. The Cards dominated the Brewers 12-1 back on Sept.19th of this season, more of the same on this night.

Play: Cardinals

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't back the Cardinals in this game. They just have way too many team issues going on right now, and it's showing very badly out there on the field too.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I think the cards will take it, but I'm not going to pay the juice

raqsshoes
    raqsshoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the cards but would be kicking myself if I went with them and lost. They need to get another win under their belt before I get back on the wagon with them. Not convinced just by winning last night.