Betpoints: 5121

wednesday bases

Favorites (33-35)(-9.78)
    Underdogs (28-25)(+9.48)
    Runlines (2-5)(-2.85)
    Totals (8-3)(+4.45)
    Parlays (10-12)(+1.21)

Overall (81-80)(+2.51)

My third sucky day in a row. Last night I went 1-4 and dropped 3.62 units. Lost my only parlay and yet another horrible day with favorites going 1-3 with a rainout as well. Even though I feel lost at the moment I am still plus for the season, so I guess that is good. Baseball is a game of streaks. You will get times when you can do no wrong and get all the breaks and you get times when you cannot pick a winner and lose a bunch of games in the ninth innning. Working my night tonight, so I have to get all these in early. Here we go.

Phillies +225 vs Mets………….Of hand it looks like you could put a million dollars on the Mets, afterall it is Santana vs Park. How could this one lose. Santana pitches well vs the Phils, but he does not dominate them. Santana is still a very, very good pitcher, but he is not the same pitcher who dominated the American League before coming over the the NL. I just cannot pass up a team as talented as the Phillies getting +225. In addition to that the Phillies this year have been better on the road than at home. They are playing well after winning two straight in St Louis. Sure the Mets should win this game, but I don’t think it would shock anybody to see the Phillies win this game. Park pitched well in the preseason, so he is capable of doing better than what he has shown the first month of this season. Certainly worth a shot with the Phillies.

Washington +178 vs Dodgers…………….As long as I am being insane and taking the Phillies, I might as well check myself into a mental institute and take the Nats too. Gambling is sometimes insane and leaves you scratching your head. Dodgers just cannot be beat at home playing some good teams and now they get the Nats who have been the joke of the league so far this season. This line should be -400. Call me crazy, but I really think one of these two large dogs are going to win tonight.

Florida +136 vs Atlanta…………….Even though getting shutout last night, I am still riding the Marlins train. Not like the Braves are tearing it up either and now they go on the road. Another solid dog worth taking.

Houston +138 vs Cubs…………..Cubs suck! Just kidding, but they are underachievers. Now they go to Houston to face Hampton who is 9-4 career vs them. Harden has given up his share of runs this season, so Houston again worth a shot as a dog. They are hitting the ball very well at the moment and I think they can outscore the Cubs tonight.

Pittsburgh +126 vs St Louis…………..Don’t the Cards look too easy in this one at home only laying 126 to the lowly Pirates?
    The Line tells me the Pirates have a good shot at winning. Zach Duke is pitching like he did his rookie season and I really think the Pirates are going to be competitive this season. I already have a bet on them to get over 69 wins this season.

San Fran +128 vs Colorado…………I really thought Randy Johnson was going to have a bad season as old age would catch up to him, but I was wrong. He nearly threw a no hitter already this year and now he faces a team where he is 19-7 in his career, so he is worth a shot. Plus this is just not the same Colorado team who was redhot two season ago. They are not the offensive powerhouse they use to be and Johnson is capable of pitching a gem tonight.

The Last three days I played mostly favorites and I have been getting killed. I guess that is my own stupid fault, so today I have my dogs that I feel really have a great shot at winning.

I still love my favorites, so I am going to have to play just one parlay with two big favorites. Here is it.

Parlay risking 1 unit to win 1.43 units

Yankees vs Tampa Bay
    Boston vs Cleveland

Everybody talks about how the Yanks suck this year, but there are a lot of teams who wish they were 13-13 so far this year. No shame in losing to Beckett and Boston last night. Now they get Tampa Bay who I have been completely wrong about this year. Even though I had them yesterday, I am tired of losing on them this season and I just might have to fade them for a while until they turn things around. Boston is one of the better home teams in the league and Masterston looked great in his last outing. Nothing impressive about last place Cleveland either. This parlay should win.

Good Luck Everybody!!

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

man you are everywhere, I thought I was trippin there for a second cause I knew I saw this same post in the predict'em forum, therxforum, etc. the names didn't match though so it took me a minute to put it together. anyways gl with your plays.....

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

Are you a worker? I ask this cause you post your plays in multiple forums and they are not very good, usually a sign.

Your plays went 0-7
    :
    Phillies LOSS
    Nationals LOSS
    Marlins LOSS
    Astros LOSS
    Pirates LOSS
    Giants
    LOSS
    Parlay Yankees L w/ Red Sox L
    LOSS

1 more thing, your comment about everyone thinking the Yankees suck, because they do. And I doubt a lot of teams would be happy at 13-14 especially if their payroll was over $200 million dollars.