DFoster
    DFoster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

DFoster Tuesday Plays/Lean, 101-85-3, +32.80 units

A very tough Monday indeed...I am really baffled at what the odds may have been to finish with the record I did yesterday. Oh well, things like that happen and I'm starting fresh today.

KC/CHW over 9.5 +115 -- 1.5 units

Davies' games have gone over. Floyd has been an over pitcher. Jerry Crawford is an over ump at 6-2 this season with an average of 11.89 runs/game.

PIT ML +100 --- 2 units

Snell is 17-4 as a home favorite and he's been throwing very well. I like him at home coming off of a tough loss last night. The home team is 36-16 when Jeff Nelson is behind home plate...

ARI ML +117 --- 1.5 units

I know about LA's home streak and that's impressive and all but I'll take the much better pitcher as an underdog (Scherzer vs Jeff Weaver). Scherzer has had it tough in terms of trends, but I think he's the better starter tonight and break LA's streak before they tie the record.

TEX ML +155 --- 1.5 units

The trends are in favor the of the Rangers in this match up. I really like Bedard but the Mariners aren't taking advantage of his solid starts. The Mariners have a terrible record when placed as a favorite and the Rangers are winning when Padilla takes the mound. This is a solid dog pick.

More possible, though I don't see too much value on the board today.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

D -

If you like Texas tonight you have to love that team total of 3.5, right? I played it.

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    D -

If you like Texas tonight you have to love that team total of 3.5, right? I played it.
    Yeah, at matchbook its at 4 but I played it a bit ago and haven't posted it:

TEX TT over 4 +160 --- 1.25 units

DFoster

SF first half ML -130 --- 2 units

The Cubs are resting most of their regulars. Lincecum has been throwing amazing in his last few outings. The Giants hit much better against lefties.

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i like KC over 4.5

left too much on the field last night

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by theplagy View Post
    i like KC over 4.5

left too much on the field last night
    I like the over in general in this game. Matchbook has the KC over at 5 right now but at +123. I'm just going to stick with the 9.5 that I have right now...though the KC TT isn't bad at all. Good luck!

theplagy
    Spurs !

Should I chase NYY? Chamberlain been pretty solid against the Sox. Plus they need to win one already against their rival.

DFoster

Should I chase NYY? Chamberlain been pretty solid against the Sox. Plus they need to win one already against their rival.
    I'm laying off here. Beckett is solid, so is Chamberlain but with Chamberlain's mom getting arrested for dealing meth last night, I'm completely laying off. If anything I was going to go with Boston due to the mental anguish of his mom (close or not) getting publically arrested for pushing meth.

DFoster

Edit: PIT is 1 unit, not 2.

theplagy
    Spurs !

5 hits, but no runs for the rangers...

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lets get it

DFoster

5 hits, but no runs for the rangers...
    Yeah, but I never count out a huge Ranger inning. I'm crossing my fingers.

DFoster

STL ML -122 --- 1 unit
    STL RL +175 --- 1 unit

I like Wainwright at home as he's domianted the Phillies in the past. Myers has the potential to get chased early. I like the matchup here and the RL looks pretty enticing.

moneyline
    moneyline's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem is they have a pitcher batting 8th -- I do believe Davis will set the record for K's in a season if given the chance.

DFoster

I'll take the win on the SF 5 inning ML. Winning the first wager of the night is a nice start and always welcome...especially after last night.

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by moneyline View Post
    Problem is they have a pitcher batting 8th -- I do believe Davis will set the record for K's in a season if given the chance.
    I think he'll bounce back and have a good year. It's pretty comical that he has 39 K's in 84 AB's...hitting .202...and still has an OPS over .700.

moneyline

Reminds me of Kingman ... Mendoza meets Reggie Jackson ...

The more I watch the Rangers, the more I see they don't work counts, don't go 1st to 3rd on singles and seem to be lacking any hitters in the 8 and 9 positions. Their reputation for having an amazing offense is slightly overrated, even with the Kinsler show.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Bucs to break that streak tonight. Suppan is meat and Snell has pitched well against Milwaukee.

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
    Like the Bucs to break that streak tonight. Suppan is meat and Snell has pitched well against Milwaukee.
    That streak is what scared me to one unit instead of 2...that paired with the umps 12-3 record in favor of the Brewers when behind the plate. I still like Snell to grab the win here though.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a good feeling about the Pirates tonight. Suppan has been pitching over his capabilities and this is a perfect opportunity to fade him IMHO.
    Also got Detroit RL, think Porcello will pitch well and the Tigers sometimes hit junk pitchers pretty well.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by DFoster View Post
    I'm laying off here. Beckett is solid, so is Chamberlain but with Chamberlain's mom getting arrested for dealing meth last night, I'm completely laying off. If anything I was going to go with Boston due to the mental anguish of his mom (close or not) getting publically arrested for pushing meth.

Chamberlain's mom got arrested in February it was just reported in media today.

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by DMB40 View Post
    Chamberlain's mom got arrested in February it was just reported in media today.
    Either way, I think it hitting the public media is as big of a deal, if not bigger, than when it happened initially.

moneyline

Good night to CK's picks, again ... wow, I guess your minions will just say they weren't heavy picks and, therefore, don't count again.

Dude, take a couple of days off. You seem a bit weary.

DFoster

Quote Originally Posted by moneyline View Post
    Good night to CK's picks, again ... wow, I guess your minions will just say they weren't heavy picks and, therefore, don't count again.

Dude, take a couple of days off. You seem a bit weary.
    Sorry, I'm confused if you're talking to me.

moneyline

Not only do they have trouble going from 1st to 3rd, one of their fastest runners can't even go from 2nd to home with 2 outs on a base hit. Incredible.

DFoster

Yeah, I see Michael Young was thrown out at home. Getting Texas at +155 would be great...they need to come through!

moneyline

Padilla has pitched his 'you know what' off ... hats off to the guy!

moneyline

1st and 2nd, 1 out in the 9th and the pitcher (Davis) at the plate ... pinch hitter ... please!

moneyline

Well, that WAS his best AB of the game ... unfortunately, pitcher #2 is now at the plate.

(a walk or a wild pitch is our only hope)

DFoster

I'm holding out hope. I have Chris Davis in a ton of my fantasy leagues and fully expect him to turn it around...well I'm hoping

moneyline

A walk. Okay, he walked the pitcher to get to Kinsler. C'mon, man, make up for the big E.

moneyline

The E to let in the only run and the K with the bases loaded. Kinsler, this loss is for you. I expect it from Davis and Salty, but when the best player on the team is the one that insures its loss, you know you're going to be a horrible team for decades to come.

DFoster

I don't know about decades with Felix and Derek Holland waiting to be the #1 and #2 starters...they've got some serious potential for the future.

DFoster

Texas: 15 hits, 3 runs right now. Really?

moneyline

Finally ... I bet on the Reds, watch 14 innings and lose a grand ... bet on the Nats, watch 10 innings and get a push and then bet on the Rangers, wait another 10 innings and win 1500 ... feels good to finally get a win.

12 Last